Katelyn Holt RN, BSN, BC is a cardiology nurse and freelance medical writer. Katelyn has 8 years of nursing experience inpatient and outpatient, primarily medical-surgical and cardiac. After having two children she has a passion for Women’s Health and Lactation teaching and support.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Medical Biology in 2006 from the University of New England and went on to attend an accelerated second-degree nursing program at Salve Regina University. Katelyn graduated with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 2011. Having dual degrees gives her a strong research background. In her personal life, Katelyn enjoys spending time with her husband, and children, daughter almost 5 and son just over a year.
Katelyn’s interests include patient education, helping patients have the knowledge to navigate the health care system and be their healthiest. In becoming a mom and learning to navigate breastfeeding, Katelyn has become a peer support to other mothers and one day sees herself as a lactation consultant.
Katelyn's Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Biology, Minor in Psychology, University of New England
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Salve Regina University
- Medical Surgical Certification, ANCC
- CPR/ACLS certified
Katelyn's Work History & Experience:
- Inpatient - Medical Surgical Floor at Lifespan Corporation
- Inpatient - Telemetry/Cardiac floor at Lifespan Corporation
- Outpatient - Cardiac at Lifespan Corporation