If you’re looking for a nursery chair, you’re going to want something practical and comfortable.
There are so many different nursery chairs on the market, and they all have something different to offer. From swivel chairs to gliders to recliners, you need to find the perfect option for your nursery so you can enjoy every minute while rocking your bundle of joy — sometimes for hours on end.
We’ve tried all the best nursery gliders and rockers and compared hundreds of reviews to help you find the most suitable, comfortable, and practical chair for your nursery.
- Swivels smoothly in 360°
- Has head, neck, and lumbar support
- Bonus ottoman included
- Elegant and intricate design
- Reclines and swivels for maximum comfort
- Reasonably priced
- Padded arms and with storage pockets
- Material can be spot cleaned
- Easy assembly
- Comfortable for parents of all sizes
- Durable solid wood feet
- Added lumbar support
- 360-degree swivel
- Glides smoothly when not reclined
- Includes removable lumbar support pillow
- Easy to assemble
- Nine color options
- Ultra-plush microfiber cushions
- Fully upholstered sides
- Nursing stool provides supportive base
- Removable lumbar support pillow
- Constructed and upholstered by hand
- Made with durable materials
- Steel mechanisms ensure quiet movements
- Gentle glide motion
- Thickly padded armrests
- 360-degree swivel
- Easy to wipe clean
- Ultra-soft material for ultimate comfort
The Best Nursery Gliders of 2022
After comparing dozens of nursery gliders and rockers, looking specifically at durability, cost, comfort, and features, these are the best options we’ve found.
1. DaVinci Swivel Nursery Glider
Best Nursery Glider Overall
If you are a shorter mom looking for a chair with great support, this gorgeous nursery glider is a perfect option. It sits lower to the ground and has a supportive lumbar section to ensure maximum support.
This glider swivels, enabling you to turn to reach any nearby baby supplies or an object to help you stand up out of the seat.
This cozy chair comes already assembled, so it is an easy addition if you are looking for a last-minute purchase for your nursery.
The swivel part is designed to be safe for fingers, with the majority of the swivel construction being hidden underneath the chair and not accessible by children.
The chair’s neutral-colored fabric is free of chemical flame retardants and formaldehyde.
This chair is thoughtfully designed to meet all the needs of mom and baby during feeding time and comes highly recommended by hundreds of parents.
- Swivels smoothly in 360 degrees.
- Has lumbar, head, and neck support.
- Delivered already assembled.
- Bonus ottoman included.
- Multiple colors to choose from to fit your nursery aesthetic.
- Some users have found the chair to squeak over time.
- No protective cover.
2. Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Nursery Glider
Most Comfortable Rocking Chair
This nursery rocker is great for parents looking for a universal chair. It offers nearly every feature we look for in a nursery chair.
Not only does this chair swivel 360 degrees and have seamless gliding capabilities, but it also reclines.
If you are looking for a chair that can accommodate you at any time of day and at any comfort level, this is perfect. The supportive spring core and foam-filled seat offer you extreme comfort and support.
This rocking chair is unique because it has intricate designs on the backrest, making it a fashionable addition to any nursery.
We love that this chair offers the option of gliding, swiveling, or reclining, as it makes for an incredibly comfortable place to sit whether you’re feeding your baby, rocking, reading, or just enjoying a little TV time.
- Easy assembly.
- Elegant and intricate design.
- Reclines and swivels for maximum comfort.
- Sturdy construction.
- Reasonably priced.
- No protective cover.
- No removable lumbar support pillow.
- Maximum weight capacity of 225 pounds.
3. Windsor Nursery Glider and Ottoman
Best Value Nursery Glider
If you are looking for a great nursery glider that won’t break the bank, this is our favorite inexpensive choice. This classic rocking chair with its matching ottoman has been a beloved resting place for thousands of parents and caregivers.
The Windsor nursery glider is not only affordable, but it also looks great in any nursery. Sit comfortably in this stylish nursery chair with extensive cushioning throughout the back, armrests, seat, and ottoman.
We found the padded armrests luxurious when rocking our babies.
The enclosed metal bearings make the chair glide smoothly, helping you soothe your little one to sleep. The glider and ottoman pieces have solid wood frames to maximize stability.
The ottoman is a great bonus because it can help take some of the stress off your back. It rocks with your chair, so you don’t have to disrupt your movement while giving your feet a break.
There are several color options to choose from, so you should be sure to find one that aligns with your nursery vision.
- Padded arms.
- Storage pockets.
- Material is easy to spot clean.
- The frame doesn’t feel as sturdy as some other nursery gliders.
- No protective cover included.
- Without regular lubrication, the chair will often begin to squeak while rocking.
4. Baby Relax Hadley Double Rocker Chair
Easiest to Assemble Rocking Chair
There’s so much to do when preparing for a baby. Make life just a little bit simpler with this easy-to-assemble rocker from Baby Relax. The seat is approximately 1.5 times wider compared to the average rocker, allowing more space for your baby to stretch out in your arms.
Once assembled, it provides a smooth rocking motion. The entire chair is covered in a soft, plush fabric, and the wide, modern design looks beautiful in any nursery. The neutral taupe color suits baby’s room, and the classic design can be used long after your child outgrows their rocking years.
We also really like how large it is. Both moms and dads, no matter their size, can relax comfortably. If you’re looking for a durable, comfortable rocker that’s easy to assemble, this is the one for you.
- Assembly is easy and takes just a few minutes.
- The large design provides comfort for moms and dads of any size.
- Reclines for a full range of motion.
- Single color option.
- Doesn’t have a footrest.
5. DaVinci Ruby Recliner and Glider
Best Glider for Bad Back
If you’re searching for a comfortable nursery glider or rocker that won’t hurt your back, this one is a good pick.
This chair has a firm high back, but it also includes a lumbar pillow for added support. The plush armrests accommodate comfortable feedings to keep both mom and baby content.
Sitting in an upright position in a chair can also take a toll on your back, but this chair reclines to offer you additional comfort. The recliner aspect is a no-brainer for parents suffering from a bad back. In addition to the smooth reclining function, it has a pop-out leg rest and leaning backrest.
Not only does this chair offer back support, but it also swivels 360 degrees. This chair allows you to have a full range of motion to ensure you can be comfortable at all times.
The upholstered polyester is soft, durable, and easy to clean.
- The chair reclines.
- Added lumbar support.
- You can easily spot clean the chair.
- 360-degree swivel.
- Smooth gliding motion when not reclined.
- Limited color options available.
- The chair’s padding is quite firm, which some people don’t find comfortable.
- It can be awkward to fully recline when holding a fussy baby.
6. Stork Craft Glider With Ottoman
Best Nursery Glider for Tall Parents
It can be challenging to find a comfortable glider when you are a tall parent, but this one has a higher back that will accommodate most heights.
This nursery glider will fully support your head, neck, and shoulders while you support your little one. The chair has padded arm cushions to ensure you are as comfortable as possible — whether you’re nursing or simply rocking your baby to sleep. A lumbar support pillow is included, which will help prevent possible back discomfort.
The chair’s soft polyester fabric makes it feel very comfortable while ensuring durability.
The solid wood construction takes the durability a step further, and the chair should last far beyond the baby years.
The bonus gliding ottoman allows you to extend your legs and become more comfortable.
- Back and seat cushions can be spot cleaned.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Includes ottoman to improve comfort.
- Easy to assemble.
- Metal, enclosed ball bearings for smooth gliding motion.
- Ideal seat for breastfeeding.
- No protective cover.
- Moving parts could hurt small fingers.
- Some buyers noted the chair did not last as long as they expected.
7. Graco Parker Glider
Best Nursery Glider for Breastfeeding
If you plan to breastfeed, it’s vital to have a comfortable nursing chair in your baby’s room.
This nursery glider is perfect because it was designed with breastfeeding mothers in mind. There are key features like the pull-out nursing stool that will help enhance your breastfeeding journey. When you don’t need the nursing stool, it folds under the ottoman for easy access.
The higher-than-normal armrests are fully padded and designed to help you rest your arms comfortably when nursing your baby.
This chair is a great asset to make your breastfeeding journey run just a little smoother.
Mothers who aren’t breastfeeding will also love this chair. The higher armrests help support your baby when rocking or bottle feeding and may be a welcome plus to a tall partner.
- Ultra-plush microfiber cushions to allow maximum comfort when sitting.
- The nursing stool allows you a supportive base to more easily nurse your baby to sleep.
- Fully upholstered sides for comfort when nursing.
- Coordinates perfectly with many crib styles.
- Lower weight capacity than other nursery glider chairs at 250 pounds.
- The cushions attach with ties, which are not very durable.
8. Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker
Best Plus-Size Nursery Rocker
If you are looking for a rocker with more room, check out the Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker.
This nursery rocking chair has a broader base that allows the chair to have an overall wider structure. No more having to cram into your rocker; now you can enjoy your spacious comfort.
The chair is hand upholstered with quality materials that are super soft and designed with your comfort in mind. And you can choose from multiple colors, so you’re sure to find one that will suit your nursery.
The wooden chair supports allow you to rock seamlessly and noiselessly.
If you are looking for a slightly larger chair that can still offer support, this might be the chair for you.
- Constructed and upholstered by hand.
- Composed of durable materials to ensure long-lasting stability.
- Extra wide seat offers more room.
- Upholstery is free of chemical flame retardants.
- No footrest included.
- Does not glide or recline.
- Must be cleaned with solvents, foam-, or cotton-based cleaners.
9. Delta Children Nursery Glider
Best Nursery Glider for Small Spaces
If you want a glider for your nursery but don’t have much floor space, this glider is for you.
This slim glider is designed for smaller spaces, but it is big on function and versatility. The 360-degree swivel allows you to turn in any direction.
There are three color options available, so you can find one to match your nursery decor. The simple colors should easily coordinate with any decor you may already have.
This chair is built to last, and because it’s designed for small spaces, it is lightweight and easy to move for relocation.
The curved seating ensures your comfort, and the thickly padded cushions will further enhance your relaxation.
If you love the chair but prefer a footrest, you can purchase a matching ottoman.
- Durable steel mechanisms to ensure quiet movements.
- Whisper-quiet gentle glide motion.
- Thickly padded armrests.
- Removable cushion for easy cleaning.
- Sleek design is great for small nursery rooms.
- 225-pound weight limit.
- Material is not as durable as some other chair options.
10. Babyletto Swivel Nursery Glider
Best Modern Nursery Glider
Some of us prefer not to settle for the traditional rocking chairs and would rather have a modern adaptation. If your baby’s nursery is modern and hip, you need a modern glider.
This glider is the perfect modern piece for any nursery. It allows stylish mommas to keep their nursery modern without compromising productivity and safety.
Although this chair is modern, it still offers spacious seating in addition to its rounded back.
The smooth and gentle gliding mechanism will help you get your little one to sleep in no time.
The 360-degree swivel motion allows you extra range of motion to freely move around. This chair also offers optimal comfort as it is hand upholstered in ultra-soft microsuede.
The Babyletto glider is perfect for moms who want comfort and style all in one. It doesn’t look like a typical nursery chair, so once your baby years are over, it can still double as additional seating in any part of your house.
- Modern and stylish appeal.
- 360-degree swivel.
- Made with water- and stain resistant fabric.
- Composed of ultra-soft material for maximum comfort.
- One-year warranty.
- No footrest included.
- Doesn’t feel as solid as some other options.
Why Is Nursery Seating Necessary?
You’re going to be spending a lot of your time in the nursery with your baby.
Whether it is for feedings, story time, reading books, or rocking to sleep, it is important you find a nursery chair you are comfortable in.
Nursery seating is also a plus because babies find the back and forth motion of rocking to be very soothing. Your nursery glider or rocking chair is one of the best places to get your baby to fall asleep — every parent’s mission!
How to Choose the Best Nursery Glider
Your nursery chair will be a decent investment, so you should make sure it has many qualities, not just visual appeal.
Although style and coordination are important, you are going to care most about the comfort of your nursery chair during those late-night feedings than how well your chair matches the nursery.
How To Pick Proper Seating
Start your journey of finding nursery seating by making a list of which items are most important to you, what you will be using the chair for the most, and your determined budget.
You should list your must-have features in order of necessity — that way, if you have to eliminate one, you can start from the bottom.
There are so many nursery glider and rocker features out there that it can be overwhelming, so having a predetermined list can make the buying process much easier.
These are some of the features we look for when comparing the best nursery gliders and rockers:
- Lumbar support.
Always use extra caution when picking out a nursery gliding chair. Ensure it is put together well. You don’t want to collapse in your chair when rocking your baby.
You should also keep an eye on any visible moving parts that little fingers could easily access. You don’t want your baby getting injured on your nursery chair.
Chairs are made of different materials, and some may be harsher than others. Try to find chairs that are free of all chemical retardants.
Always glance over product recalls by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission before purchasing a chair to make sure that it does not make the list (2). Some gliders have been recalled over the years because of their poorly structured frames.
The Bottom Line
Our top pick out of the best nursery gliders and rocking chairs is the DaVinci Swivel Glider.
This glider keeps mom and baby comfortable when they are using the chair because not only is it made with super-soft materials, but it also contains firm padding.
This chair can swivel 360 degrees but is safe for tiny fingers. It includes lumbar support to keep you free of any other additional aches and pains that parenthood may cause.