Your baby’s bath is a magical time. Baby-scented bath products, rubber duckies, and bubbles can make the experience enjoyable for everyone.
But when bath time is over, cue the screaming. It’s tough to leave the warmth of the bath, and inadequately-sized, scratchy baby towels don’t help.
We want only the best for our babies, especially at the end of a long day. So we’ve rounded up the softest, cutest, and best baby towels to ease the transition from the warm bath to the cool air and make those after-bath snuggles even cozier.
- Antibacterial and hypoallergenic
- Super soft and cuddly
- Repels odor
- Won’t irritate baby’s skin
- Doesn’t give off lint
- Ultimate softness
- Highly absorbent
- 20 animal designs to choose from
- Easy to clean
- Quality hard-wearing material
- Cute, spacious hood
- Made of organic bamboo
- Fluffiest towel on the market
- Fun animal design
- 50% thicker than other towels
- Natural and hypoallergenic
- Extra large size
- Incredibly absorbent
- Soft, thick material
- Has substantial hood
- Machine washable
- Gentle on baby’s skin
- Great for gifting
- Color coordinated washcloths & towels
- Four colors to choose from
- 100% cotton
- Generous size for extended use
The Best Baby Towels & Washcloths of 2023
Check out our favorite baby towels.
1. San Francisco Organic Bamboo Baby Bath Towel
Best Organic Baby Towel
Once your baby is squeaky clean, you don’t want a towel that damages or irritates their skin. Traditional materials can hold a lot of germs and bacteria after a single use. However, this organic towel provides antibacterial properties while also being super luxurious.
This is because it’s made with bamboo fabric. Bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial, making it safer and gentler for newborns, infants, and toddlers. It also repels odors and is free of chemicals.
By wrapping your little one in this towel, you’ll protect their sensitive skin and keep them warm as they dry off. This towel will prevent further irritation if your baby has any skin concerns, such as eczema or diaper rash.
It measures 40 by 28 inches, has 500 grams per square meter, and features an adorable animal ear hood.
- Bamboo material is antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
- Super soft and cuddly with a cute animal hood.
- Large enough to fully surround your baby.
- Doesn’t hold up well to repeated machine washing.
2. Jj Cole Two-Piece Hooded Baby Bath Towel Set
This set comes with a hooded towel and a color-coordinated washcloth. There are six color options, so you’ll have no trouble finding one that matches your bathroom decor, and the prints are modern and stylish.
Both the towel and washcloth are machine washable, so you don’t have to spend your valuable free time hand washing.
They are made of 100 percent cotton terry cloth, which is highly absorbent and feels soft on your baby’s skin.
- It won’t irritate your baby’s skin.
- Cute animal-printed fabric on the hood.
- It doesn’t give off a ton of lint while drying.
- Measures 30 by 30 inches, so it’s best suited for younger babies.
- Some parents don’t like the thin fabric.
3. Luvable Friends Animal Face Hooded Baby Bath Towel
Moms who don’t want their babies to outgrow their towels too soon may like this sizeable option. Measuring 30 by 36 inches, it will fit your infant as they grow into toddlerhood.
This Luvable Friends towel is made of cotton terry, and it comes with a hood to keep your baby’s head feeling snuggly after a warm bath.
We love that this towel can be machine washed and dried and comes out just as fluffy.
The adorable, gender-neutral designs make this towel set a great baby shower gift.
- These are quite absorbent.
- 20 different animals to choose from.
- Less expensive than many other hooded brands.
- It’s a pretty thin towel.
- It doesn’t hold up well long term.
4. Hudson Baby Animal Face Baby Bath Towel for Girls
If you’re looking for an adorable towel for your baby girl or boy, this one fits the bill, with 38 different character designs to choose from. While you dry your baby’s hair and get their diaper on, you won’t be able to stop admiring how cute they look in this towel.
Its generous size means your child will be able to use it even as a toddler. Plus, it sucks up water quickly, so they’ll be ready for their cute pajamas in no time.
You can clean it in the washing machine, and the material holds up well even after repeated washes.
- Easy to clean.
- The material is good quality and hard-wearing.
- The hood will keep your baby’s head warm.
- The hood size is pretty large for an infant.
- Although it doesn’t feel rough, the fabric isn’t as soft as some others.
5. Baby Aves Premium Hooded Organic Baby Towel
Perfect for Baby Showers
Fluffy, cute, and with money-back guarantee, this hooded towel set makes a great baby shower gift.
The towel is made of organic bamboo fabric with 500 grams per square meter. This makes it one of the softest and most absorbent towels. Moisture is wicked away quickly while keeping your little one warm, and the bamboo has important germ-fighting properties.
It’s 35 by 35 inches and comes with a fun hood featuring an owl animal character. The neutral color scheme makes it perfect for both boys and girls. There’s also an included free washcloth in every purchase.
One of the reasons we love this set is because it includes a free washcloth. If you know of a mom with a baby on the way, it’ll make an easy and luxurious gift they can use for years to come.
- Includes a free washcloth.
- With 500 grams per square meter, they are the fluffiest towels out there.
- Gender-neutral animal design is great for any baby.
- The square size is suitable for most babies, but a toddler will quickly grow out of it.
6. Channing & Yates Hooded Bamboo Baby Bath Towel
Thick and Lovely
When it comes to a baby towel, bigger, softer, and cuter are all good things! Cuddle up with your little one after bathtime with this adorable bamboo hooded towel designed to be extra soft and plush.
With 50 grams per square meter, it’s 50% thicker and heavier than other towels and sports a rectangle design. Most other hooded towels are square and don’t give you enough fabric to work with. Because of the rectangle design, you can wrap your baby in the entire length of the towel, keeping them warm and happy.
This thick and lovely bath towel is a great option for baby showers or other special baby occasions.
- 50% thicker than other towels, keeping your baby warm, dry, and happy.
- Rectangle design means you have plenty of fabric to wrap.
- Extra-large size allows it to grow with your baby.
- After multiple washes, the plush, soft feeling is reduced.
7. Princess Hooded Baby Bath Towel
Best Princess Themed Baby Bath Towel
If you’ve always had a soft spot for princesses and royalty, these towels will be right up your alley. You can choose from three different colors.
These are a respectable 35 by 35 inches and can be cleaned in the washing machine and dried on low heat in the dryer. Parents who hate to replace towels should be glad to know that they hold up well after repeated washings.
Made from high-quality bamboo material that is not only thick but also absorbs water three times more than the ordinary cotton, these towels help your baby get dry and warm quickly — and look super cute while doing so.
- Great looking and best quality.
- The material is nice and thick.
- Has a substantial hood.
- More expensive than some other options.
8. Luvable Friends Baby Washcloths
Cheap and Cheerful
This 12-pack of washcloths comes in coordinated colors and patterns. These might be a good option for moms who like a little variety but still want cloths that match. You get two white, four patterned, and six solid-color washcloths.
With such a big pack, you’ll have plenty to keep in the bathroom with lots left for the kitchen to clean your baby after meals.
- These are inexpensive.
- Versatile cloths can be used for baths, face washing, or cloth wipes.
- They’re gentle on your baby’s skin.
- The fabric stains easily.
- The already small cloths shrink a little after being washed and dried.
9. Spasilk Hooded Terry Baby Bath Towel with Washcloths
Best Value Baby Bath Towel
If you’re on a budget, you’ll want to check out this set that comes with two towels and two washcloths. If you’re after a lighter, thinner fabric that absorbs and dries quickly, this is it.
The towels include hoods to keep your baby extra warm after a bath and are made from an 80 percent cotton and 20 percent poly blend.
Though they’re soft, they hold up well with repeated washings.
- Highly affordable set.
- Your washcloths and towels will be color coordinated.
- Their thin fabric is easy to wrap around your little one.
- Smaller than some other brands at 30 by 26 inches.
- They get soaked pretty quickly because of how thin they are.
10. Spasilk Cotton Hooded Baby Bathrobe with Booties
Snug as a Bug
A unique twist on the traditional baby bath towel, this robe solves the problem of babies who like to kick their towels off in record time. To use it, you simply wrap your baby in it and tie the belt to dry your little one. The foot-warming booties are adorable too!
It comes with a hood to keep your baby’s head warm, and the bottom of the robe has extra room for your baby to kick their feet.
- Four colors to choose from.
- This keeps your baby warm until it’s time to put on their diaper and clothes.
- Your newborn will quickly outgrow this.
- Not as soft as some towels.
11. Mukin Baby Muslin Washcloths
For Sensitive Souls
Your baby will love the super-soft feel of this set of five muslin washcloths against their skin.
Parents who prefer natural fabrics will be happy to know no formaldehyde and decolorizers are used when making these.
These are good-sized washcloths, measuring 12 by 12 inches, which is much bigger than the standard baby washcloth. They’re big enough to use for the whole family.
- They’re hypoallergenic.
- Made with six layers of soft muslin.
- An excellent option for children who suffer from eczema.
- Although you can machine wash these, they shrink a lot in the dryer.
- They can get linty after repeated washings.
Do I Need Special Baby Towels?
When you already have towels and washcloths, it can feel like a waste to purchase additional ones. But babies’ needs are different than ours.
Adult washcloths tend to be pretty rough, which won’t feel so great on a baby’s sensitive skin. And the thicker fabric can be hard to use on your baby’s tiny ears or between their toes.
Babies don’t need to be scrubbed — they need gentle stroking with a soft washcloth that won’t feel too harsh on their skin.
And adult towels are so large that it can be awkward to wrap them around your baby. Babies frequently pee or poop after baths, so if you don’t want any potential stains on your good towels, you may want to consider baby towels.
Finally, the best baby bath towels are hooded, so you can prevent heat loss, keeping your little one warm as you dry them off after their bath.
How to Choose the Best Baby Towels
Here are some of the things we look for when selecting the best baby washcloth and towels.
How Many Baby Bath Towels Do I Need?
The number of towels and washcloths your baby will need depends on how often you want to do laundry. Remember, you’ll have a lot less free time than you did before your baby, so you may not feel like doing laundry as frequently as you used to.
While you can reuse them if you hang them up to dry, it’s best to use a fresh washcloth each time you bathe your baby.
Since they get soaked when in use, they can get hard and rough if you try to reuse one that has been drying in your baby bathtub. Plus, washcloths can get pretty dirty, so you shouldn’t count on reusing one without washing it anyway.
You should be able to get by with three or four towels and seven washcloths if you want to do laundry once a week.