Michelle Roth, BA, IBCLC is a freelance writer and editor with a day job as a board-certified lactation consultant for two busy pediatric practices. She is a former La Leche League Leader, Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator, and Certified Infant Massage Instructor.
Michelle was a La Leche League Leader for more than a decade, serving on the Area Council for LLL of Western PA, and as Contributing Editor for LLLI's peer-reviewed journal for Leaders, Leaven.
Michelle has a bachelor's degree in Psychology, with a minor in Women's Studies. Her research passions include women's health and body image, especially in relation to pregnancy, birth and mothering.
She has taught classes ranging from healthy pregnancy, to childbirth preparation, to parenting, and more. Her favorite freelance jobs are proofreading and blog writing; but, her number one project is mothering her four kids. When she does have free time, she enjoys reading and crocheting.
Michelle's Education & Training:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Psychology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® (IBLCE®)
Michelle's Work History & Experience:
- Group Leader at La Leche League International
- Lactation Consultant at East Suburban Pediatrics
- Lactation Consultant at Children's Community Pediatrics