- Meaning: Natalia means “Christmas day.”
- Gender: Natalia is usually a name for girls.
- Origin: The name Natalia comes of Latin origin. It stems from the phrase “natale domini,” which translates to “birthday of God.”
- Pronunciation: “nut-AH-lee-yah”
- Popularity: Natalia is a very popular name for girls.
- Nicknames: Nat, Natty, Lia, Li, Tal, Talia, and Tally.
- Variations: Nathalia, Nathalie, Natalie, Nathaly, Natalee, Nataleah, and Natalja.
- Namesakes: Natalia Dyer, American actress.
- What Does Natalia Mean?
- What Is the Origin of the Name Natalia?
- How Popular Is the Name Natalia?
- How Do I Pronounce Natalia?
- Is Natalia a Boy or Girl Name?
- Variations of Natalia
- Nicknames for Natalia
- Similar Names to Natalia
- Middle Names for Natalia
- Sibling Names for Natalia
- Famous People Named Natalia
- Natalia in Popular Culture
- Natalia FAQs
What Does Natalia Mean?
If you plan to name a child Natalia because of the lovely sound, you are in luck. The name also has a unique meaning. If your name is Natalia and you do not know what it means, you will be excited to know that your name has a festive connotation.
What Is the Origin of the Name Natalia?
Natalia comes from the Latin phrase “natale domini”. This term translates to “birthday of God.” Many early Christians began to name their girls Natalia, especially if they were born during Christmas time.
St. Natalia of Asia Minor popularized the name in the fourth century. Russian parents favored the name. Its popularity in other European countries came shortly after, although some slightly altered it to fit their native tongue.
How Popular Is the Name Natalia?
Natalia is a very popular name for girls. It ranks 79 on a list of the most popular girls’ names in the United States (2). This statistic means that 1 out of every 527 newborn girls has the name, Natalia.
The name is also very popular in England, France, Greece, Italy, and Russia.
How Do I Pronounce Natalia?
When you correctly pronounce Natalia, there will be an emphasis on the second syllable. To pronounce Natalia, say, “nut-AH-lee-yah.”
Is Natalia a Boy or Girl Name?
Natalia is a feminine name. So, it is most often the name for a girl. It is very uncommon to find a boy named Natalia, though not impossible.
Variations of Natalia
You may find that you love the name Natalia, but you would prefer a different spelling or sound. Luckily, there are several variations, all of which share the meaning of “Christmas Day.” Try out one of the following variations:
- Nathalia (Latin, French)
- Nathalie (Latin, French)
- Natalie (Latin, Russian)
- Nathaly (Latin, English)
- Natalee (Latin, French)
- Natilie (Latin, English)
- Nataleah (Latin, English)
- Nataly (Latin, English)
- Nataline (Latin, German)
- Natalja (Russian, Ukrainian)
Nicknames for Natalia
Natalia’s friends and family will want to keep a few nicknames for her up their sleeve. If you know someone whose name is Natalia, see how they like any of the following nicknames:
Similar Names to Natalia
Maybe you do like the name Natalia, but something is holding you back. That is perfectly fine. Instead, you can opt for a name that is similar to Natalia. Give one of the following similar names a shot:
Middle Names for Natalia
After you finally decide to give your baby girl the name Natalia, the next step is to find a middle name that pairs nicely with the first name. Try out one of the following lovely middle names for a girl whose first name is Natalia:
Sibling Names for Natalia
Maybe you already have a child named Natalia. Or perhaps you are expecting twins and have only decided on one name. Now, you must find a name for Natalia’s sibling that pairs well with her name. See how one of the following sibling names sounds:
Famous People Named Natalia
Since Natalia is such a popular name, you may find that many celebrities also call themselves Natalia. Check out this list of famous people that Natalias everywhere should be proud to share a name with:
- Natalia Bush: Spanish model.
- Natalia Cigliuti: Uruguayan-American actress.
- Natalia Doussopoulou: Greek singer.
- Natalia Druyts: Flemish singer.
- Natalia Dyer: American actress.
- Natália Guimarães: Brazilian actress and model.
- Natalya Katherine Neidhart-Wilson: Canadian-American professional wrestler.
- Natalia Livingston: American actress.
- Natalia Oreiro: Uruguayan actress, singer, and fashion designer.
- Natalia Paris: Colombian model.
- Natalia Tena: British actress.
Natalia in Popular Culture
There have been quite a few characters that use the name Natalia in popular culture. The following TV, film, and book characters all share the name:
- Natalie Aaron: Character from the novel “Three Dark Crowns.”
- Natalia Alexander: Character from TV’s “Control Z.”
- Natalia Boa Vista: Character from TV’s “CSI: Miami.”
- Natalia Dragomiroff: Character from the novel “Murder on the Orient Express.”
- Natalia Kominsky: Character in the anime “Fate/Zero.”
- Natalia “Natasha” Romanov: Character from Marvel Comics and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Natalia “Natasha” Rostova: Character from the novel “War and Peace.”
You may still have a few pressing questions about Natalia. Hopefully, we can answer them for you below.