Whether your toddler is showing interest when you’re in the kitchen, or your older child wants to “entertain” their friends, toy kitchen sets are a classic choice.
Featuring accessories, appliances, and even modern technology, these kitchen playsets aren’t only for entertainment and play; they’re also educational.
We’ve done the research and found all of the best toy kitchen sets on the market.
- Sturdy construction
- Realistic look with shelves
- Modern design
- Interactive cooking sounds
- Attachable high chair
- More compact than others
- Cute, girly pastel colors
- Built to last
- Shelving for special items
- Detailed assembly instructions
- High-quality wooden construction
- Movable knobs
- Made in the United States
- Hardwood foam flooring
- Includes 45 accessories
- With pet area
- Interactive stovetop with lights & sounds
- Includes 26 accessories
- Two configurations
- Realistic appliances
- Ideal kitchen set for any fashionista
- Storage areas for organization
- Removable sink for easy clean-up
- Multi-purpose and interactive
- Awesome and educational
- Plenty of accessories
How to Choose a Toy Kitchen
Here are some features to keep in mind when shopping for a toy kitchen set.
Fortunately, toy kitchen sets come in all shapes and sizes. From compact to full size, you’ll first need to determine how much space you have at home. You might want to dedicate a special area for it.
If you’re looking to save space, multi-purpose sets — such as kitchen activity tables — might be a good option. After playtime is over, the kitchen transforms into a regular activity table for everyday use.
Toy kitchen sets are usually made of either plastic or wood. Sets made of wood are generally more durable and will last longer. They’re usually heavier, though, and once set up in a specific place, you might not be able to move them easily.
Plastic kitchen sets are often much lighter, easy to clean, and generally more affordable. But, in general, they’re also less sturdy and might not last as long as the wooden varieties.
Some sets come with just a few utensils, while others are filled with pots, pans, and play food. While the inclusion of these items is convenient, many accessories are sold separately, so you can add as many or as few as you wish.
It might be advisable to start conservatively and add items over time, based on what your kid shows an interest in. Many accessories sold are interchangeable from brand to brand, so you can pick and choose.
The Best Toy Kitchen Sets of 2022
Here are 9 great toy kitchen sets to consider.
1. KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen
Modern Design for Modern Chefs
This popular kitchen is all about details. It’s suitable for kids 3 years and older and the slick, modern design should fit most playroom styles.
It has loads of realistic features, including clicking and turning knobs, an ice maker, a chalkboard, and a towel holder. Your kid could spend a great deal of time opening and closing the functioning doors on the fridge, oven, dishwasher, and microwave. They’ll be busy cooking, cleaning, and storing away any leftovers.
He or she can even talk on the phone with their bestie or place a grocery order from mom’s kitchen if they run out of something. Made primarily of sturdy wood material with some plastic features, you’ll be able to hand it down from one sibling to another. The set is 41 inches high, with a counter height of 22 inches, and 43 inches wide.
- Sturdy construction.
- Realistic look with shelves to keep kitchen tidy.
- Transparent windows on microwave and oven.
- Modern design.
- Plastic removable sink, for easy cleaning.
- Assembling the product takes a long time.
- It has no lights or sounds.
- No accessories are included
2. Step2 Little Bakers Kitchen Playset
It’s Baking Time
For those with a sweet tooth, this plastic kitchen comes with a cupcake set, utensils and other equipment. With a countertop that sits at 20 inches high, it’s appropriate for little chefs from 2 years of age.
For a real cooking experience, the stove and burners include turning and clicking knobs, and the pots and pans produce sizzling and boiling sounds. The attached high chair will allow your little one to cook while keeping an eye on their baby doll.
The recycle bin will teach your child the right habits from the start. It also features a mobile phone, an ice maker, an oven, and a microwave. All in all, 30 accessories are included so your kid won’t need more any time soon.
- The interactive cooking sounds are exciting.
- Attachable high chair for double mommy duties.
- More compact than others: 14 inches by 28 inches by 41.5 inches.
- Minimal assembly required.
- Assembly holes are not pre-drilled, so a drill may be required.
- Probably too small for children older than 5 years.
3. KidKraft Large Kitchen
Girly Girl Kitchen Set
This kitchen set comes in beautiful pastel colors. Even the faucet knobs, which usually look a bit drab, are blue and pink. For kids 3 years or older, it won’t disappoint with its features.
Why not teach your child how to use the pot holder to avoid getting burnt? Or how to stir the food using the spoon and spatula? These included accessories make playtime realistic and engaging.
The pink phone is a nice addition and might even be used without the kitchen set. All doors open, providing storage for other accessories while those on the oven and microwave have a window.
This allows your kids to check on their precious items being cooked. The knobs turn and click just like the ones in mom’s kitchen. The countertop height is 23 inches.
- Cute and girly pastel colors.
- Built to last — sturdy wood and PVC.
- Shelving for special items.
- Basic accessories to get your kid started.
- At over 80 pounds in weight, it won’t be easy to move once assembled.
- No pots or pans included, these must be purchased separately.
4. Melissa & Doug Chef's Kitchen
This high-end kitchen, from Melissa & Doug, comes with all the details needed to make it realistic. For kids 3 years and older, you have two color schemes to choose from. We’ve chosen gray and blue, but the pink is also attractive and bright.
The microwave plate rotates and the grocery list can be reused over and over again, as long as your little chef is using a pencil. Simply make a check next to the items they need, then erase it to use again next time.
For summer days, the ice dispenser will provide two pretend ice cubes. Just like in real life, place your cup under the hole and the ice cubes will be delivered. When the meal is over, the burner grates can be removed and cleaned.
Ample storage will help your child stay organized; no problems keeping the kitchen tidy and ready for the next playtime. The assembled size is approximately 40 inches wide and 36 inches high.
- Clear and detailed assembly instructions.
- An ice dispenser for those hot, summer days.
- Sturdy, high-quality wooden construction.
- Reusable grocery list.
- Movable knobs make a realistic clicking sound.
- Melissa & Doug Kitchen Accessory set must be purchased separately.
5. Step2 Happy Home Cottage & Grill
Beware, you might envy your kid’s cooking space with this walk-in kitchen. It’s suitable for children ages 18 months and up and should delight your kid well into their early school years.
This Home Cottage & Grill kitchen set contains mailbox, chiming doorbell, play phone, wall clock, flower box, swinging door, and working shutters.
Your kids will surely be entertained with this complete set. Last but not least, the griller and windows for ordering add to the charm of this set, encouraging social skills and different roleplay options.
- Complete home and griller set.
- Various accessories needed.
- Durable and made in the United States.
- Realistic electronic appliances with sounds.
- “Hardwood” foam flooring adds to the appearance.
- Taller children may not enjoy this cottage.
6. Step2 Fun with Friends Kitchen
Pet-Friendly Cottage Kitchen
Recommended for children ages 2 and up, this might be the typical cozy kitchen found in cottages or chalets. A pretend wooden board contains hooks to hang utensils, and a frame to place a family picture.
I like the recycle bin, which introduces children to the concept of “less waste,” and the kettle might be the perfect accessory to make a pretend hot chocolate or tea. With a variety of other accessories included, we have a feeling your kid will be cooking for their siblings for hours on end.
- Includes 45 accessories.
- Interactive stovetop with lights and sounds.
- Pet area, not found in most other kitchen sets.
- Needs adult supervision for assembly.
7. Little Tikes Cook N Grow Kitchen
This kitchen set comes with two different setups, suitable for toddlers starting at 18 months old. The first configuration places the cooking surface closer to the floor, allowing the youngest to play, with the fridge and oven to each side.
As your kid grows, the fridge and the oven can be attached together, and the cooking surface placed over them. This kitchen set includes 26 accessories such as kitchen tools, food items, pots and pans, dishes, and cups.
The design of the backsplash is modern and cute, and sure to be appreciated by mom as your tot can prep you a cup of coffee while you stop by for a chat.
- A coffee pot and other accessories are included.
- Two setups for growing with your child.
- Realistic appliances with electronic sounds.
- An educational pot with a shape-sorting lid is included.
- The youngest might need some help opening and closing doors, which are not hinged.
8. KidKraft Vintage Kitchen
Vintage Kitchen With Style
As we know, storage space in a kitchen is an absolute must. This vintage kitchen comes with two decently-sized cabinets for that very reason. There’s also shelf space to help with that. The white color will match your decor, wherever it’s placed.
This cute set is conceived for children 3 years and up and showcases “stainless steel” finishing on the handles and knobs — they also make a sound when turned. A sliding oven drawer and a see-through microwave add to the experience while the phone enhances roleplay to imitate mom while cooking.
From the pretend ice dispenser to the little buttons on the microwave, no details are left out with this one.
- Ideal kitchen set for any fashionista.
- Storage areas for organization.
- Removable sink for easy clean-up.
- Time-consuming to assemble.
- Aside from the phone, there are no accessories.
9. Fisher-Price Learning Kitchen
Designed for toddlers 6 months to 3 years, this sweet little kitchen playset can be used in four different settings.
Learning need not be boring with this interactive center playset from Fisher-Price. This toy encourages roleplay, strengthens dexterity & hand-eye coordination, and enables your kid to learn colors, shapes, letters, and language both in English and in Spanish.
- A multi-purpose kitchen playset with songs and phrases.
- Plenty of accessories included.
- Multiple play settings.
- Some buyer complained that the toy arrived dirty upon delivery.