Are you looking for an adorable alternative to the standard baby onesie?
Like you, we want stylish clothing options for our babies that keep them cozy but are easy to open when we need to swap out a diaper quickly (hello, liquid poop — again!).
So we took to the internet to find the best baby bodysuits and rompers for all occasions — but we weren’t about to choose just any rompers. We chose these 10 options based on how cute and cozy they are, how easy they are to get into for diaper and clothing changes, and how durable they are — so they can last through more than one season with one baby.
It was tough to narrow down our list, but after spending many hours reading hundreds of reviews from other parents like you, we believe we’ve found the best high-quality items available for your little ones — and ours too.
- Snap closure
- Pure organic and eco-friendly
- OEKO-TEX certified
- Organically made
- Cozy and playful designs for boys or girls
- Various cuts and styles
- Features rib trim
- Center front button closure
- Sophisticated fabric
- Cool, breathable fabrics
- Comfy fit
- With stylish accessories
- Cinch cuffs
- Nickle-free snaps
- Trusted Carter’s quality
- GOTS-certified organic cotton fabric
- Earth and farmer-friendly product
- Best for babies with sensitive skin
- Collarband design
- Exquisite embroidery
- Snaps or 2-way zipper
- Solid gender-neutral color
- Breathable and stretchy
- Very soft
- No scratchy feeling
- Cotton material
- Perfect for various formal occasions
- Loose, comfortable fit
- Gentle on skin
- Very affordable
The Best Baby Rompers of 2023
These 10 rompers and bodysuits are our top choices for all occasions because they’re cute, comfortable, affordable, and well-made.
1. Lamaze Sleeveless Romper
Best Budget Romper
These adorable sleeveless rompers are 100% organic cotton and will not break the bank. They’re available in cute designs for boys or girls and offer both long and short pant options.
We’re not the only ones who love the quality of these rompers, either. Thousands of parents agree that they’re an excellent choice and will keep your little one cozy and cool, even on the hottest summer days.
They snap at the crotch, which some moms prefer to a front-snap system as it makes diaper changes easy. The snaps are nickel-free, which is great for kids with allergies.
2. Mac and Moon Organic Rompers
Best Organic Romper
These Mac & Moon GOTS-certified rompers ensure your child will be exposed to fewer chemicals throughout the day.
They come in packs of two, and there are several different color options to choose from. We love that they come in multiple cuts, as this adds some variety to your baby’s wardrobe. And the little frilled sleeves on the girl rompers are simply adorable.
These rompers snap at the crotch for easy diaper changes. Plus, they have wide, stretchy collars, often with snaps, to make dressing your baby easier.
3. Hope and Henry Layette Romper
Best Winter Romper
People can’t get enough of these beautiful and comfortable baby winter “sweater rompers.” If you take your little one out in a Hope & Henry romper, be prepared for lots of comments and compliments!
They come in several colors and cuts, many with a cable-knit design and each with intricate patterns. But even though they look like baby prep school apparel, they’re machine washable, and your baby will love how cozy they feel.
They fasten up the front with real buttons — not snaps — giving them a high-quality look that is great for a night out during the winter holidays with your baby in tow. You can even purchase matching blankets to go with some of these rompers.
4. Cecobora Linene Romper
Best Trendy Romper
These stylish linen rompers come in several cuts and colors, perfect for that fashion-conscious baby in your life. With matching headbands or cute buttons, collars, or ruffles, these rompers will stand out, wherever your baby spends their free time.
Your little one will turn heads at the playground, day care, Mommy and Me groups, or the mall, all while they nap in utter comfort. The breathable cotton linen will keep them cool as they lounge about in style.
5. Simple Joys by Carters
Best Newborn Romper
These ultra-cute rompers are great for newborns. They’re 100% cotton and come in packs of three — great for those days when you have to change your little one’s outfit several times.
They come in two color variations, and they cinch around the legs. This will allow you to buy a size or two bigger and not worry about the fit. These rompers button up the front with nickel-free snap fasteners.
6. Burt's Bees Organic Rompers
Best Summer Romper
These sweet rompers are perfect for summer. They are made of 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton, so your child will be comfortable and cool in the warm weather. They come in several cutesy colored patterns for girls, or you can purchase a similar boy version for your little dude.
They’re available in sizes ranging from newborn to two years old. They snap at the bottom for quick diaper changes and are just as easy for bathroom trips when potty-training.
7. SYCLZ Cotton Romper Jumpsuits
Best Night Time Romper
For the zipper lovers out there, this one’s for you. Rompers don’t have to be a daytime-only undertaking. If your baby likes the comfort of a romper, you may want to consider using them at night, too.
These rompers come in packs of two and are available in many color options. They have long sleeves and long pants for babies who get cold easily.
8. Kyte Baby Bamboo Footie Romper
Most Eco-Friendly Romper
Made of bamboo rayon, these footed rompers are super soft and kind to the environment. They come in solid gender-neutral color options, all of which are long-sleeved.
These cozy rompers have a two-way zipper for quick diaper replacement and can be machine washed.
9. Zoerea Gentlemen Romper
Best Formal Romper
You’ll probably have to bring your baby boy to a formal event at some point, and with this adorable romper, your little man will be the best-dressed person in attendance. Whether he’s a ring bearer or just a member of the audience, this romper offers style as well as comfort.
The cotton-polyester blend fabric is soft and breathable, keeping your little guy cozy at his big event.
The two-piece set includes a long-sleeved bodysuit with snap closures at the legs and a matching jacket. A removable bow tie completes the outfit. Choose from seven styles and sizes from 3 months to 18 months for the best fit.
10. Darkyazi Halter Romper
Best Toddler Romper
These cotton-blend rompers became all the rage on the internet because of their timeless, unique, and adorable style. They’re great for the hot, humid months when none of us, including our children, want any fabric sticking to our bodies.
They come in several different colors and sizes to fit children up to age 7. However, if you have a potty-training toddler, it might be difficult for them to get this romper on and off without help.
Benefits of Baby Rompers
A baby romper is a one-piece outfit. It can have sleeves or be sleeveless and have long pants or shorts. Some fasten with buttons or snap closures; others may zip up. The defining factor is that it’s a one-piece item.
My little one loved rompers, and I did too. If you still aren’t convinced of the wonders of rompers and bodysuits, consider a few of these scenarios.
- Diaper blowouts: No matter what diaper brand you use, it will be defeated by your baby’s pooping skills at some point (1). With a traditional onesie, the liquid has nothing stopping it from reaching your carpet or car seat. A romper can add more protection as it extends further down the legs.
- Layering troubles: If temperatures drop and your child is in a traditional onesie, you’ll need to put pants on them. This makes diaper changes more difficult. Rompers come with a variety of pant/sleeve options, making layering and diaper changes a breeze (2).
- Size flexibility: Rompers don’t have to fit as perfectly as traditional onesies. With a onesie, the diaper can become exposed if the size is too big. But with a romper, you can buy one or even two sizes too big and get more use out of it.
How to Shop for Rompers
Like other baby items, there are a few things to consider when buying a romper. Before purchasing, it’s a good idea to be realistic about what your baby will actually wear and what they won’t.
- Materials: Many rompers and bodysuits are made of 100 percent cotton, which most babies like. However, if your baby has sensitive skin, double-check what material it’s made of before buying.
- Fasteners: Although zippers were always my favorite fastener, some babies don’t like them. Some parents may feel anxious that they’ll catch their baby’s skin. Snap closures are a good alternative, but they can leave gaps and can easily come undone.
- Cleaning instructions: It’s possible that, with more delicate rompers, you may have to hand wash. If that’s not something you want to do (I can’t imagine finding the time for that!), double-check the cleaning instructions before buying.