- Meaning: Kaiden has a variety of meanings, including “beloved companion,” “warrior,” and “from the wetlands.”
- Gender: Kaiden is most often used as a male’s name, though it has a gender-neutral appeal.
- Origin: Kaiden has different origins, such as Arabic, Celtic, and Scottish.
- Pronunciation: “Kay-dun”
- Popularity: Kaiden was a rare name until 2000, when it began climbing the ranks.
- Nicknames: K, Kade, Kai, KD, KK, Den, Denny.
- Variations: Caden, Cadin, Cadyn, Caiden, Kadyn, Kaeden, Kaidin, Kaidyn, Kayden, Khaidyn.
- Namesakes: Kaiden Chapman, an actor known for the TV show “Raven’s Home.”
- What Does Kaiden Mean?
- What is the Origin of the Name Kaiden?
- How Popular is the Name Kaiden?
- How Do I Pronounce Kaiden?
- Is Kaiden a Boy or Girl Name?
- Variations of Kaiden
- Nicknames for Kaiden
- Similar Names to Kaiden
- Middle Names for Kaiden
- Sibling Names for Kaiden
- Famous People Named Kaiden
- Kaiden in Popular Culture
- Kaiden FAQs
What Does Kaiden Mean?
Kaiden means companion and warrior, making it a popular name for Christian parents to give their sons. The name implies the boy will grow strong and have a clear purpose for his life.
What is the Origin of the Name Kaiden?
Another location-based root of this name is the Lithuanian city of Kėdainia (1). This old town, founded in the 17th century, shares a pronunciation with the name Kaiden.
How Popular is the Name Kaiden?
Kaiden was a rare name before it hit the baby name charts in 2000. It immediately charted in the 800s and jumped to the 600s just a year later, making it fairly popular. By 2003 it was in the 300s, classifying it as popular (2).
Throughout the 2010s, Kaiden has stayed in the 100s but hasn’t yet become very popular. To reach that status, it needs to breach the top 100.
How Do I Pronounce Kaiden?
The pronunciation of Kaiden can vary depending on your preference. The most common choice is Kay-dun. But other options include Key-dihn, Ki-dun, Kei-dihn, and Kay-dihn.
Is Kaiden a Boy or Girl Name?
Kaiden is a boy’s name. There is no record with the Social Security Administration of parents using Kaiden as a girl’s name.
Variations of Kaiden
There are different variations for the name Kaiden. You can choose one of these unique American spellings to ensure your son stands out from the crowd.
Nicknames for Kaiden
Kaiden is a concise name, but there are always cute nicknames. Consider some of these short versions of Kaiden as a nickname.
Similar Names to Kaiden
If you love the sound of Kaiden but want something a little different, there are plenty of similar names. This list includes options that give a similar feeling.
Middle Names for Kaiden
Kaiden is a unique first name that pairs nicely with a more traditional middle name. But traditional doesn’t have to mean boring! This list has lesser-used names that nicely complement Kaiden.
Sibling Names for Kaiden
If you named your son Kaiden and are ready to welcome a new family member, you’re on the hunt for the perfect name. Kaiden is a modern name that sounds classic, so it’s easy to find compatible sibling names.
For Kaiden’s sister, consider some of these girls’ names.
If you’re giving Kaiden a brother, these names sound nice together.
Famous People Named Kaiden
Kaiden is a relatively new name, so there aren’t many famous people with this name. Those who are somewhat well-known are up-and-coming celebrities.
- Kaiden Andreasen: TikTok sensation.
- Kaiden Chapman: actor on the TV show “Raven’s Home.”
- Kaiden Guhle: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Kaiden Khal: TikTok star.
- Kaiden Piece: TikTok personality.
- Kaiden Raiyn: Instagram influencer.
Kaiden in Popular Culture
Since Kaiden is a new name, it’s understandable that there aren’t many characters in popular culture with this name. However, as the name climbs the charts, you will see more book, TV, and movie characters with this name.
- Genbu Kaiden: a Japanese manga series, part of Fushigi Yûgi.
- Kaiden Alenko: a character in the Mass Effect games.
- Kaiden Diaz: the main character in the online story “Two Worlds, Two Egos.”
- Kaiden Sellsword: a character in the video Elden Ring, written by George R. R. Martin.
Kaiden is a name with an interesting background. There are different meanings and origins, ensuring this name can suit a variety of families. If you’re still not sold on this name for your son, check out the answers to these frequently asked questions.
What Does the Name Kaiden Mean in the Bible?
Kaiden isn’t a name in the Bible but a popular name in Christian families. One of the meanings of the name is “beloved companion.” When you frame this meaning in a religious context, it’s understandable why so many Christian families name their sons Kaiden.
How Popular Is the Name Kaiden?
Kaiden was a rare name until 2000 because the Social Security Administration has no record of it. But once it hit the charts, it continued to grow in popularity. It first ranked in the 800s in the early 2000s. By 2020, it was 139, making it a popular choice.
Is Kaiden a Japanese Name?
Kaiden is a Japanese word made of two kanji. Kai means “strange, rare, and mysterious.” Dan means “talk” or “narrative.” In the native language, the term translates to ghost story or horror story (3).
The Japanese term “kaiden” specifically refers to horror books and movies that have an old-fashioned element, commonly those from folk tales. Modern horror movies have the classification as “katakana.” So Kaiden isn’t a Japanese name since it has other meanings.