Are you looking for a breast pump bag that doesn’t look like a diaper bag or a massive tote bag? A standard purse won’t fit all the pieces and parts of your pump. There are plenty of stylish breast pump bags that look discreet enough to bring anywhere.
However, some options have more to offer than others.
We’ve spent hours comparing the features of all the top breast pump bags to bring you this list of the very best choices, so you can still look stylish while rocking your new duties.
- 12 pockets
- Large capacity
- Premium materials
- 2 water bottle pockets
- Doesn’t feel too large
- Used as shoulder bag or backpack
- Super stylish
- Purposeful design
- Can fit a laptop
- Three color choices
- Roomy interior
- Easy to clean
- Stylish appearance
- Clear pocket for baby's photo
- Fits all major brands
- 4 gallon capacity
- Three insulated pockets
- Elegant design
- Padded straps
- Thermal lining
- Luggage feet
- Lifetime warranty
- Combines fashion and functionality
- Removable wet bag
- Looks sophisticated
Are Breast Pump Bags Necessary?
Breast pumps have a lot of pieces, and they can be big and fairly heavy. They aren’t going to fit into most ordinary purses while still leaving room for other items. Of course, you could throw everything into a regular tote or shopping bag, but you’ll always find yourself digging for the smaller pieces of your pump.
And no one wants their breast milk spoiling or spilling because it wasn’t properly stored.
Breast pump bags are both stylish and practical. They include pockets for organizing your breast pump pieces and parts, and some have insulated cooler pouches for keeping breast milk at the perfect temperature until it can be refrigerated.
Although pumping at work is very common, it can still feel unprofessional or strange lugging baby equipment into a work environment.
Our top breast pump bag choices look chic and professional. Some even include an additional pocket for a laptops, so you can get away with only needing to carry one bag to work.
When Should I Begin Using a Breast Pump Bag?
You’ll want to have a breast pump bag ready to go as soon as your baby is born. While you might be staying at home for a week or two, you’re soon going to start venturing out to visit friends or relatives.
Your best bet is to select a breast pump bag a few weeks before your delivery date, along with your other baby gear. That way, if you go into labor earlier than you think, you won’t be scrambling to find something while trying to take care of your new baby.
How to Choose a Breast Pump Bag
Whether you’re using it for work, for vacations or simply for days away from home, your bag should meet all your basic needs — and look good while doing it.
Here are some things a great breast pump bag should be:
- Easy to use: If you struggle to fit your pump in the bag or if it’s difficult to open, it’s going to be more hassle than it’s worth.
- Durable: Breast pumps and their accessories can be pretty heavy, so your bag should be strong enough to put up with that kind of weight on a daily basis.
- Lightweight: Since pumps can be quite heavy, you don’t want your bag to add any extra weight.
- Practical features: Your bag should have enough pockets to hold all your breast pump pieces with enough spare room to carry any extra personal items. It should also have a designated lined or insulated area for storing your pumped milk.
- Stylish: The best breast pump bags are discreet and will fit with your sense of style.
- Affordable: Most breast pump bags cost between $30 and $100. Your bag doesn’t have to break the bank to be functional, but you’ll want one made with quality materials that will outlast your pumping days.
- Versatility: It’s nice if you can get some extra mileage out of your breast pump bag. Many breast pump bags can also be used as a beach bag, carry-on, or laptop bag.
The Best Breast Pump Bags of 2021
Here are our favorite modern breast pump bags.
1. Mommore Breast Pump Tote Bag
This sleek, elegant bag will go with all your outfits. It’s black so it won’t clash with anything, and it doesn’t show dirt or stains the way lighter-colored bags will.
It looks nice enough to be used in a professional context or for your personal life.
It fits Spectra, Medela, Lansinoh, Evenflo, Ameda, Philips Avent pumps, and more. It also has a designated cooler compartment that fits many brand-name coolers that come with breast pumps. This allows you to safely transport your hard-earned breast milk.
- Huge storage capacity with 12 pockets.
- Accommodates numerous breast pump brands.
- Made of premium materials.
- Zippers tend to get jammed.
2. Sarah Wells “Kelly” Breast Pump Bag
This bag can function as a either shoulder bag or a backpack. And since it’s made out of nylon, it’s a breeze to clean. All you have to do is wipe it down with a damp cloth.
At 15 inches tall, this is one of the few bags that can fit hospital-grade pumps like the Symphony.
It has eight pockets, which should be enough for even the most organized moms. It even has a padded laptop pocket that can hold a 17-inch laptop, which is great news for busy moms who need to multi-task.
- Water bottle pocket holds two water or baby bottles.
- Large capacity bag still feels small.
- Outer pocket for personal items keeps them accessible.
- More expensive than many other models.
- Thin backpack straps can get uncomfortable.
3. Sarah Wells “Lizzy” Breast Pump Bag
This bag can double as a carry-on or beach bag when you aren’t using it for pumping.
It has thermally lined pockets you can use to store recently expressed milk along with an ice pack to keep it cool for approximately six hours. In case of any spills, this bag is easy to clean since it’s made of wipeable nylon.
When your pumping journey has ended, this stylish Sarah Wells bag makes a great diaper bag.
- Lightweight — only 2 pounds.
- Modern fabric design.
- Versatile bag can be used long after you’re done with pumping.
- Pump pocket doesn’t fit larger pumps like Spectra S2.
- Deep center pouch can be hard to keep organized.
4. Sarah Wells Abby Breast Pump Bag
This high-end bag has thermally lined pockets on each side for storing your pump and accessories. It has eight pockets located all throughout the bag. You can even use ice packs in the thermal pockets to keep your expressed milk cold for up to six hours.
It looks stylish, but it’s also easy to clean. You can just wipe the inside or outside of the bag with a damp cloth since the material is made from nylon.
It fits a variety of breast pumps, including popular brands like Medela, Spectra, Ameda, and Freemie.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Additional space for a laptop.
- Three color options.
- Outer pocket fits cell phone.
- Only fits laptops under 14 inches.
- Large design can feel bulky.
5. Dr. Brown’s Breast Pump Carryall Tote
At a fraction of the cost of many other bags, this basic design will still get the job done while still looking great.
It has a classic design that isn’t overly fancy, but it’s nevertheless a discreet bag that people would never guess is holding a breast pump.
The gray color will go with a variety of outfits, and the polyester finish is easy to clean with a damp cloth. While this isn’t the biggest bag on the market, it will hold most breast pumps as well as a bottle cooler bag.
- Multiple pockets keep you organized.
- Easy to wipe clean.
- There are no built-in thermal pockets.
- The side pockets open up into the main pouch.
6. Bananafish Fashion Breast Pump Bag
This Bananafish bag will fit Spectra pumps along with most other breast pump models.
It even has a drop-down pocket with a spot for your baby’s picture. Having that picture nearby when you’re pumping can help with your letdown, which is important when you’re trying to pump while you’re away from your baby.
This purse is made with neutral colors — black, taupe and khaki, so it will go with most outfits.
Despite its many pockets and stylish appearance, this is a well-designed bag that will easily hold your equipment and accessories.
- Choose from backpack or tote design with handles and adjustable shoulder strap.
- Includes a clear pocket for your baby’s photo.
- Fits all major breast pump brands.
- Stiff zippers tend to get stuck.
- Doesn’t fit much more than pumping supplies.
7. Momcozy Breast Pump Bag
The Momcozy Breast Pump Bag is perfect for organized parents. It has 12 handy pockets, so you can store your breast pump plus lots of other essential items. With so many pockets, everything has its place, and you won’t lose things in this large bag.
This bag fits most brands of breast pumps. This includes Spectra, Medela, Bellababy, Elvie, and many more.
The built-in padded laptop sleeve makes this bag a great option for both working moms and stay-at-home moms. This bag makes your life easier as it can store your breast pump along with all your work essentials.
In fact, you can access your breast pump without fully taking it out the bag, which keeps everything contained and more discreet.
Lastly, this bag has three insulated pockets that are perfect for keeping snacks cool while you’re on the go.
- 12 handy pockets for ultimate storage.
- Fits most breast pump styles.
- Special opening for the breast pump.
- Three insulated pockets for snacks.
- The straps aren’t that comfy.
- If you use a Spectra pump, there’s not much leftover space in the bag.
8. Flybold Breast Pump Bag
Fit all your pumping needs and much more in this chic bag from Flybold. Its spacious compartments allow you to carry your breast pump, bottles, ice packs, and your favorite pumping accessories wherever you go. Better yet, you can also bring along your other essentials, including a wallet, phone, or even a laptop.
The two side pouches are thermally lined to keep milk cold for approximately six hours, and foam insulating material is sewn throughout the lining of the bag. You can pump whenever you need, discreetly store the bottles in the bag, and bring them home without the milk spoiling. The bag even includes a staging mat so you can place all of your accessories on a sanitized surface.
Best of all, this bag is fashionable, and you’ll love carrying it with you. It features a black base and tan PU leather handles. Take it to work, on errands, or anywhere you need to go.
- Fashionable design is perfect for stylish moms.
- Spacious compartments allow you to carry your breast pump, accessories, personal items, and laptop.
- Thermal lining keeps milk fresh and safe.
- Shoulder strap clasps aren’t very durable.
9. Ju-Ju-Be Be Supplied Structured Breast Pump Tote
Combining fashion and functionality, this unique breast pump bag is perfect for withstanding the rigors of motherhood. With large compartments, you can fit everything you need, while the structured bottom and form help keep the bag from collapsing. Move the bottles and pump back and forth without a struggle.
Most importantly, the fabric was made to handle messes. It is machine washable should you need thorough cleaning.
However, this bag isn’t just about your baby. The front pocket was especially designed for moms and easily fit keys, cosmetics, wallets, or more. We also love the fabric pattern options, which are simple, but chic.
If you’re a mom who wants to look good without stressing about the mess, this bag is a great option.
- Holds its form while holding all your accessories.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Front pocket was designed for your own essentials.
- Not large enough to function as a diaper bag if you’re trying to consolidate.
10. J.L. Childress Breast Pump Bag
This bag comes with a whopping six pieces. Included in this set is the breast pump bag, a cooler bag, a wet bag, an accessories bag, a drying cloth, and a handbook that offers tips, guidelines and encouraging words. The cooler bag can hold four bottles or up to eight storage bags of milk.
The drying cloth is a nice touch because it can be used to wipe up spills or placed on your lap to safeguard your pants against leaks.
This black bag is made of water-resistant material that can be wiped down quickly when it needs to be cleaned.
- It has several pockets, including a pen pocket.
- This bag looks sophisticated while still being casual.
- The drying cloth is nice for cleaning any spills or protecting pants while pumping.
- Although you get a lot of items for your money, it’s fairly expensive.
- Smaller design doesn’t fit a laptop or many additional items.
How to Organize a Breast Pump Bag
If organization isn’t your forte, don’t worry. We’ve created this helpful list of additional items you may wish to include in your breast pump bag:
- Wet bags: You’ll need waterproof, resealable bags to hold your breast pump parts and flanges, keeping them clean and in one place. it’s a good idea to store clean items in one side pocket and used items in another.
- Pump wipes: In a pinch, you might need to simply wipe down the pump until you can wash it more thoroughly at home later. Pump wipes also double as hand wipes or a quick solution if you spill milk on your clothing.
- Breast Pump Bras: Don’t forget to include any special bras you might use while you pump, plus a spare just in case. Throw in a few breast pads while you’re at it.
- Ice packs: If you’ll be carrying milk for a while, it’s a good idea to keep some ice packs around. Look for slim lunch-box styles and keep a few at home in the freezer to replace as you go.
- Sterilizing equipment: You might wish to pack a cold water sterilizer solution or a microwave steam bottle sterilizer bag to keep your pumping accessories clean. These won’t take up much space but can make a huge difference.
- Little luxuries: Pack a small jar of nipple cream that can double as a hand cream since you’ll be washing your hands frequently. A small cloth can come in handy, and a water bottle and a small snack are great if pumping leaves you feeling a little drained. A picture of your baby or a book to pass the time might also work for you.
How to Clean a Breast Pump Bag
Most bags will be made of synthetic material that’s easy to wipe down with a damp cloth. If yours is made entirely of fabric, read the label to check if it can be hand washed or put in the washing machine. Otherwise, a breast pump bag isn’t that different from any other bag or backpack: spot clean when necessary with a little warm water and dish soap.
It’s a good idea to keep hand sanitizer, wipes, a cloth, a little sponge, or one of each in your bag to quickly absorb spills and keep things fresh and clean. Store your bag open when not in use to prevent musty smells from developing.