If you have a Minion fan in your home, you’ll already be familiar with these little yellow bundles of energy first introduced in the movie, Despicable Me.
With their uniquely jubilant outlook and their joyful language, Minions are tailor-made for playtime.
In this roundup, we will show you which we think are the best Minions toys on the market.
- Includes miniature bobs
- Plenty of accessories
- Cute display models
- Easy to wipe clean
- Articulated arms and legs
- Great display item
- Realistic minion characters
- Easy to set up & play
- Suitable for wide age range
- Easy to create realistic minions
- Compatible with play-doh sets
- Includes 5 large tubs
- Realistic movements
- Six character set
- Great value for money
- Free from static
- Batteries included
- Simple to operate
- 14 minion patterns included
- Refills are readily available
- Includes plenty of beads
- Small enough for little kids
- High quality fabric
- Includes minions car collection
- Comes as an exclusive set
- Graphics you won’t find elsewhere
- Folds flat for storage
- Rear foot-brake
- Weight limit up to 132 lbs
How to Choose the Best Minion Toys
With so many Minions toys to choose from on the market, it’s helpful to know how to make the best choice when picking one.
Minions may seem like a natural fit for kids of all ages. However, that doesn’t mean every minion toy is suitable for everyone. You have to be careful, especially when selecting one for those under 2 years old.
Only buy items for your child’s age range and check to ensure there are no small parts or pieces that can easily detach and pose a choking risk.
As parents, we should be able to assume the toys we give our children are non-toxic. In theory, this is true, but in reality, some toys slip through the net.
The best way to ensure toys are safe is to buy from a reputable toymaker or seller.
If you are unsure about an item you are considering or want the most up-to-date information, check the Consumer Protection Safety Division recall list (1). You will find the details of any toys that have been found to be toxic or a choking hazard.
Decide how much you can afford and are willing to spend. To avoid spending more than you planned, only look at items within your budget. It’s not the price tag that will dictate how much enjoyment your child will get from a toy.
Walk the line between which toy you would like your child to enjoy and which one they would, in reality, like the most.
It’s always good to provide new play opportunities your child would not normally consider. But nobody wants to waste money on items that will be consigned to the back of the cupboard.
Look for items that are well-made and stand up to your child’s particular style of play. One of our boys has what we call the “bull in a china shop” approach to playtime. So, we only ever choose the most durable items for him.
The Best Minion Toys of 2021
Here is the list of our favorite Minion toys.
1. LEGO Minions and Their Lair
This is an excellent building set for LEGO lovers.
The finished product is also a series of playsets that provides hours of play value.
Kevin opens up to reveal his inventor’s laboratory.
Opening Stuart lets you play inside his bedroom.
If you get bored with Kevin, you can take him apart and use the pieces to build Bob, who contains a kung fu studio.
- Includes a miniature Bob, Kevin, and Stuart for inside the model play.
- Plenty of accessories for imaginative play.
- They also make cute display models.
- You cannot build all three models at once.
2. Minion Stuart Laughing Action Figure
Press the pocket of this soft, rubbery bodied Stuart, and he will say one of over 45 different Minions sayings in the voice used in the movies.
Moving his arms and legs will change the phrases he speaks.
Alternatively, activate his Laugh Out Loud mode and move his arms and head to hear his sweet Minion giggles.
- The soft body is easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Articulated arms and legs allow you to stand Stu in a variety of poses.
- Stuart has a rigid lower body, so he’s also a great display item.
- Soft and squishy but not suitable for cuddling.
3. Kerplunk Despicable Me Minions
Mattel has re-imagined this classic children’s game and given it a 21st-century Minions upgrade.
The main tube is now a rocket, and the twisting rocket top dictates which color stick you must remove.
Instead of balls, there are a variety of yellow, plastic Minions you must avoid sending to the ground.
- A variety of realistic Minions characters included.
- Easy enough for younger kids to set up and play without adult assistance.
- Suitable for a wide age range to play together.
- Gameplay time can be short.
- Some reviewers mentioned it wasn’t as well-made as the original Kerplunk.
4. Play-Doh’s Make a Minion
The solid lower body and legs stands included in this set make it a breeze to craft a variety of free-standing Minions.
Use the molds to create Play-Doh bodies, then set them into the pre-molded lower halves.
Add one of the plastic arm sets and some pre-formed eyes, and you have your own cute Minion creation.
- Pre-formed parts make it easy to create realistic Minions.
- Compatible with other Play-Doh sets.
- Comes with five larger tubs of yellow Play-doh, along with six different colored smaller containers for accents.
- It would benefit from more accessories.
5. Fisher-Price Imaginext Minions Figure 6-Pack
With six Minions in this variety pack, your child will be able to create or recreate a variety of scenarios, scenes, and interactions. That’s much more fun than just a single figure.
You get Bob, Stuart, Kevin, Otto, Belle Bottom, and Gru in this pack.
Perfect for an action-packed Minion scene.
- Realistic movements.
- Six character set.
- Great value for money.
- It would have been nice to have sounds included.
6. Minions Kid Friendly Walkie Talkies
Encourage your kids to play outside together with these kid-friendly Minions long range walkie talkies.
But beware: With a working range of over 100 feet, you may find your kids are talking to their siblings under the covers at night when they should be fast asleep.
- Free from static therefore a clear conversation can be expected.
- Batteries included.
- Simple to operate easy push-to-talk button so you won’t have to help your children — they can use them independently.
- Requires 8 product-specific batteries.
7. Perler Bead Minions Activity Bucket
This large bucket comes packed to the brim with over 6,000 beads, three pegboards, and it even has with ironing paper included.
Arrange the beads, lay the ironing paper over the top, and apply a hot iron for 30 seconds.
You immediately have a cute Minion figure to keep or give as a gift.
- Plenty of beads to make the 14 Minion patterns included in the kit.
- Refills are readily available.
- It can be used with other heat bead products.
- Needs adult input to iron the beads.
8. Minions Plush Doll
When only a huggable buddy will do, there is this cuddly minion doll.
He has a soft, plush body along with fabric dungarees, boots, and gloves.
You also have the option to either choose a double-eyed or single-eyed minion.
- Small enough for little hands to play with.
- High quality fabric.
- Available with only a single color.
9. Hot Wheels Minions Bundle
This Amazon exclusive box set comes with six Hot Wheels Minions: The Rise Of Gru models.
The models are die-cast, so they will stand up to rough and tumble play, and each is designed to reflect a specific character’s personality.
At 1:64 scale, these cars will complement other standard size Hot Wheels vehicles. And the vehicle styles are highly varied for kids who like more than one type of car.
- The six-pack provides an instant Minions car collection.
- Exclusive set to stand apart from friend’s vehicles.
- Graphics you won’t find elsewhere.
- Packaging could have been made for long-term storage.
10. Despicable Me: Minions Folding Scooter
For parents who want their children getting exercise instead of always sitting around playing, this is a good solution.
Built to last, the durable, steel construction of this scooter means that bumps and tumbles are not going to put an end to the fun.
The scooter is listed as suitable for 5 years and up and the adjustable handle post means it doesn’t matter if your child is taller or shorter than average. They can still enjoy some two-wheeled Minions fun.
- Folds flat for storage.
- Rear foot-brake for safer stopping.
- Weight limit up to 132 lbs.
- Paintwork is susceptible to scratches and chipping.
11. Franco Kids Minions Hooded Towel Wrap
We particularly like the corner pockets that make it easy for kids to hold the towel around them.
If you have a Minions fan who puts up a fight at bathtime, this towel may persuade them it’ll be a fun experience.
- Soft cotton fabric isn’t too scratchy for sensitive skin.
- Large enough to use as a beach towel.
- A snuggly wrap for post water fun.
- Only big enough for kids up to an average size 6-year-old.
12. Minions Fart ‘N Fire Super-Size Blaster
The trombone-like construction of this fart blaster allows kids to make short and “sweet,” or long, drawn-out bodily function noises. It comes with more than 20 pre-programmed standard sounds, which can also be customized.
A refillable, misting attachment also lets your kids send a burst of fine water mist to accompany their chosen fart sound. The water chamber is simple to fill, so you won’t have to constantly fill it for your child.
- Fully extended, it’s just over 17 inches long.
- Sturdy, made for rambunctious play.
- Encourages lots of physical “chase” play.
- The fart noises can become tiresome for (some) adults.
13. Sun-Staches Minion Goggles
These high-quality Sun-Staches Minion goggles come in a one-size-fits-all style, so there’s no chance they will become too small to enjoy as your kids grow. That also means you’ll be able to borrow these goggles if you decide to score points with your kid by dressing as a Minion for Halloween.
The goggles provide 100 percent UV400 protection, which means they block all UVA and UVB rays. This is the standard you should look for to protect your child’s eyes from the sun’s harmful rays.
- They are made to fit adults and kids.
- They have impact-resistant lenses.
- It’s a great finishing touch to a Minions costume.
- Lack of ear hooks means they are not 100 percent secure.
14. Minions Stick 'N Stamp Activity Set
The Minions Stick ‘N Stamp activity set proves you don’t have to spend a lot of money to have some Minions fun.
Complete with an activity book, three sheets of stickers, two self-inking Minion stamps, and a trio of chunky crayons, this set provides hours of entertainment and plenty of bang for your buck.
This is a good pick for younger kids who still get a kick out of basic art supplies.
- It does contain an ink pad so there’s less potential for messy hands.
- No additional items are needed.
- Small enough for travel.
- Our kids’ ink-stamped Minions in places they should not, so you may want to supervise the stamp usage.
15. Hedstrom Minions Jr. Soccer Ball
The Hedstrom seven-inch, junior soccer ball is rated as a size three, so it’s an appropriate size for smaller kids to enjoy.
Plus, the rubber panels provide a certain amount of grip when playing on grass.
It has multiple panels that feature a range of Minions, graphics, and phrases so this is likely to be a hit with the younger Minion fans, especially ones who love sports.
- The panels are stitched together, not melted to seal.
- Soft enough for smaller children to kick.
- It’s fun and colorful.
- Comes deflated so you must have a hand pump.
16. Crayola Color Wonder Despicable Me Coloring Pages
If like me, you have kids who are liberal with their use of marker or paint, you’ll love Crayola Color-Wonder products. I know I do.
The unique markers will only work on Color-Wonder paper, so kids don’t get inky fingers.
Consequently, you don’t have to clean up the inky fingerprints the kids leave around the house.
- Furniture, clothes, other books, and even pets remain unmarked.
- Kids can discover hidden designs in the pictures.
- It’s an affordable activity you can use to keep your kids busy while traveling on vacations
- Pages are removable from the pad, so they can get lost or crumpled.
17. Minions Toddler Bean Bag Chair
This lightweight bean-bag chair with a soft padded seat should make a cute addition to any toddler’s room. They’ll probably enjoy sitting in this chair when they watch television or look at their books.
Approximately 18-inch x 18-inch x 18-inch, the chair is filled with foam beans that leave it strong enough to take a child’s weight, but light enough for that same child to move about the house unaided.
- The firm chair gives more support than a basic beanbag.
- It can be spot cleaned.
- Minion fans should love the design.
- Larger kids are not well supported when leaning backward.
There’s No Cure For Minion Fever
Some animated characters come and go in a relatively short time. The universal appeal of the Minions means these sidekicks may have become more popular than their evil master Gru.
However, they are lighthearted and kind at heart, so it’s difficult not to love them. That makes them a cartoon friend of which most of us can approve.