- Meaning: Jaxon means “son of Jack.” The prefix “Jax” means “God is gracious.”
- Gender: Jaxon is traditionally a male’s name.
- Origin: Jaxons originates from the Biblical name John, whose nickname is Jack. This name gives the variation of Jaxon to its more common name, Jackson.
- Pronunciation: “JAK-son”
- Popularity: The name, Jaxon, was mildly popular in the United States during the early 2000s. However, it increased in popularity over the last decade.
- Nicknames: Jack, Jacky, Jax, Jay.
- Variations: Jackson, Jax.
- Namesakes: Jaxon Shipley, Jaxon Bieber, Jaxon Williams.
- What Does Jaxon Mean?
- What Is the Origin of the Name Jaxon?
- How Popular Is the Name Jaxon?
- How Do I Pronounce Jaxon?
- Is Jaxon a Boy or Girl Name?
- Variations of Jaxon?
- Nicknames for Jaxon
- Similar Names to Jaxon
- Middle Names for Jaxon
- Sibling Names for Jaxon
- Famous People Named Jaxon
- Jaxon in Popular Culture
- Jaxon FAQs
What Does Jaxon Mean?
Jaxon is a more modern spelling of the boy’s name, Jackson.
According to Wikipedia, Jaxon is derived from the term “son of Jack” (1). Since Jaxon is a variation of the name Jackson, they have the same meaning.
In English, “Jax” is derived from the term “God is gracious.”
What Is the Origin of the Name Jaxon?
Jaxon comes from English and Old Greek origins.
How Popular Is the Name Jaxon?
Jaxon has remained steadily popular over the last ten years. This name had significantly increased from the early 2000s when Jaxon remained at the bottom of the list. In all the years, Jaxon has never surpassed its namesake, Jackson.
According to the Social Security Administration index, Jaxon reached peak popularity in 2018 and ranked at 19 (2).
From 2000 to 2006, Jaxon didn’t breach the top 200 list of baby names. Since then, however, it has increased in popularity. Entering the top 200 list for three consecutive years before venturing into the top 100 list and remaining there through 2021.
The inclusion of the letter X gives an unmistakable modern flair. Modernizing names have become popular among new and expecting parents who want to experiment with different baby names.
How Do I Pronounce Jaxon?
The name Jaxon is pronounced “JAK-son.”
Is Jaxon a Boy or Girl Name?
Jaxon is traditionally a male name.
Jaxon is an unlikely name for a girl. However, if you’re looking for a name more closely associated with femininity, then a name similar to Jacqueline could be a good fit.
Variations of Jaxon?
Jaxon itself is a variation from its given name, Jackson. That said, spellings have evolved over thousands of years since ancient times, so there will always be new variations of the name to inspire you.
Some of the most common variations of Jaxon include:
- Jackson (English)
- Jax (English)
Nicknames for Jaxon
Here is a list of common nicknames for Jaxon:
Only a few nicknames for Jaxon are named here. Other nicknames that pair well with the name Jaxon depend on the variation that you use for your child’s name.
Similar Names to Jaxon
If you like the name Jaxon but are still looking for other names that have a similar connotation, consider the following:
Middle Names for Jaxon
Maybe you want to name your child Jaxon but are not quite sure what to use for their middle name. Sometimes you want a similar ending name or a different-sounding name altogether.
Here are some options we have found that work well together with Jaxon:
Sibling Names for Jaxon
Maybe you are a parent with a child named Jaxon and are looking for a name for their sibling. You’ll find that there are plenty of names that flow well. Whether you are looking for a sister or brother name, we have compiled a list of names that go together with Jaxon.
For a Brother
For a Sister
Famous People Named Jaxon
Many famous people share the name Jaxon. Consider these famous people while making your own baby-naming decision to give your son the chance to live up to his name:
- Jaxon Beswick: An English child actor. He is the twin brother of Maddox Beswick.
- Jaxon Bieber: The younger half-brother of singer Justin Bieber.
- Jaxon Evans: A New Zealand racing driver.
- Jaxon Shipley: American National Football League (NFL) player.
- Jaxon Williams: The son of ice hockey player Justin Williams.
Jaxon is also a notable surname for various famous people. Some of these people include:
- David Jaxon: An English actor.
- Frankie Jaxon: An African-American vaudeville singer.
- Honoré Jaxon: A Canadian secretary to Louis Riel during the North-West rebellion.
Jaxon in Popular Culture
Over the years, Jaxon has been a popular surname for several characters in pop culture. However, it’s rare to find characters with the first name Jaxon in fiction.
Here are a few notable fictional characters with the surname Jaxon:
- Jerry Jaxon: A character from Marvel Comics.
- Peter Jaxon: A character in The Passage novel series. Peter is Theo’s younger brother.
- Theo Jaxon: A character in The Passage novel series. Theo is Peter’s older brother.
- Thunderbolt Jaxon: A superhero comic-book character.
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions about Jaxon.