- Meaning: “Young helper”
- Gender: Gender-neutral but predominantly a female name.
- Origin: English origin.
- Pronunciation: “PAYj”
- Popularity: Page is a fairly uncommon name.
- Nicknames: Paigey, Paigey Waigey, Pager, Peanut.
- Variations: Paget, Padgett, Pagett, Payge.
- Namesakes: Paige O’Hara, Paige Rense, Paige Hurd.
- What Does Paige Mean?
- What is the Origin of the Name Paige?
- How Popular is the Name Paige?
- How Do I Pronounce Paige?
- Is Paige a Boy or Girl Name?
- Variations of Paige
- Nicknames for Paige
- Similar Names to Paige
- Middle Names for Paige
- Sibling Names for Paige
- Famous People Named Paige
- Paige in Popular Culture
- Paige FAQs
What Does Paige Mean?
Paige is a popular androgynous name meaning young helper or assistant. The name Paige has a strong connection to history and implies servitude.
While servitude may sound negative, it isn’t necessarily so. Faithful servants are revered in the Bible and mentioned repeatably. If you choose Paige for your daughter, you give her a strong foundation and originality.
What is the Origin of the Name Paige?
The unisex name stems from the Latin derivative (Byzantine) “Pagius,” which translates into young boy and helper. Traditionally the term has roots in the Greek word “Paidion,” meaning child (1).
During medieval times, boys signed on with noble families (or were from noble families) and were trained to become knights. They pledged service and took on the common term page boys.
The root of the term page is untraceable in origin. Pagus, meaning servant (with peasant connotations), might be of Latin origin. Linguistic origins in the Greek word pais, meaning child, also influence the name.
How Popular is the Name Paige?
Finding popularity in the early 1960s, the sophisticated name, Paige, rose steadily on the charts. Tapering slightly during the 1980s, Paige rose again in vogue, topping the chart at #47. It’s remained a unique name in the 21st century.
According to recent data, out of every 1550 girls born, only one is named Paige.
English-speaking countries like the USA, U.K, Canada, Australia, Scotland, and Ireland report a surge in popularity from time to time.
How Do I Pronounce Paige?
Paige is a one-syllable name pronounced PAYj.
Is Paige a Boy or Girl Name?
Paige is typically a girl’s name.
Variations of Paige
Over time, the name Paige has shifted from a boy’s title to a sophisticated girl’s name. Very few variations exist.
Paige Variations Are:
- Padget (English)
- Padgett (English)
- Page (English)
- Paget (English)
- Pagett (English)
- Payge (English)
Nicknames for Paige
The lovely name Paige is challenging to rhyme and distort. However, it has a few whimsical nicknames.
Paige Nicknames Are:
- Paigey Waigey
- Pooh Pear
Similar Names to Paige
Paige has a solid yet straightforward pronunciation. It’s a traditionally elegant name with a modern twist. Parents who choose the name Paige for their daughter liken it to someone who will distinguish themselves.
These similar names have a classic foundation and remain popular for new generations looking for a baby name that isn’t mainstream.
Similar Names to Paige:
Middle Names for Paige
Paige is a modern name for girls. Internet trends suggest that new parents who choose Paige also enjoy partnering the one-syllable name with traditional classics.
Many families have naming traditions. Adding the parent’s or grandparent’s name into the full names is still common.
Finding the right middle name for Paige comes down to taste and how the two words sound when spoken aloud. If no obligations hinder new parents, here are fun internet suggestions.
Strong Traditional Names That Make Good Partners:
- Paige Adele
- Paige Avery
- Paige Charlotte
- Paige Eddie
- Paige Ellen
- Paige Grace
- Paige Katherine
- Paige Lexie
- Paige Morgan
- Paige Nuri
- Paige Rose
- Paige Suzanna
- Paige Troy
- Paige Willow
Sibling Names for Paige
Parents who choose a unique yet gender-neutral name like Paige undoubtedly want to
distinguish their siblings with similar understated yet sophisticated names.
Sisters for Paige:
Brothers for Paige:
Famous People Named Paige
According to a long list of famous people named Paige, many have had successful sports, film, and entertainment careers.
- Paige O’Hara: Singer, actress, painter, and the famous voice behind Belle from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
- Paige: Saraya-Jade Bevis, professional female wrestler, and WWE Diva champion.
- Paige Frances Hareb: Professional Kiwi surfer.
- Paige Hurd: American actress.
- Paige Matthews Peterson: Artist and photojournalist.
- Paige Rense: Long-time editor of Architectural Digest Magazine.
- Jean Paige Turco: Soap opera and television actress.
- Paige VanZant: Mixed martial artist, wrestler, author, model.
Paige in Popular Culture
Even popular fictional characters named Paige entertain audiences on screen. Characters with the moniker Paige typically represent strong female characters.
- Paige Guthrie aka Husk: Fictional Marvel comics character in “X-Men.”
- Paige Matheson: Fictional character from soap opera series “Knots Landing.”
- Paige Matthews: Fictional witch from the television series “Charmed.”
- Paige McCullers: Fictional teen character “Pretty Little Liars.”
- Paige Tico: Fictional gunner in “The Last Jedi.”
- Pageboy or page boy haircuts: popular hairstyles during the 1970s and 1980s.
Paige is a classic, sophisticated name associated with someone motivated by helpful manners.