In May 1939, Batman made his first appearance in issue #27 of Detective Comics (1). Since then he’s been brought to life through cartoons, on TV, and in movies. In the 1960s, he was fabulously camp, before turning mean and moody in the 1990s.
Most recently, he came alive in his own LEGO movie.
With so many incarnations of the Caped Crusader across thousands of items, how do you choose the best Batman toys for your child?
- Rotating flaming exhaust
- Retractable hood to reveal engine
- Works with “ghost-mode” app
- Includes 2 figures & batcycle
- Comes with launching projectiles
- Compatible with imaginext sets
- Includes suit, cape, mask, printed belt
- Available in 3 sizes
- IComfortable to wear
- Wheels turn when pushed along
- Bike stands up independently
- Bike can launch fireable disc
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy for younger kids to build
- Includes multiple accessories
- Put-together pieces
- Exciting transformation process
- Has working lights & sounds
- Batman included
- Quality fabric can be spot cleaned
- Can stand up without support
- Soft enough for cuddling
- Has 11 points of articulation
- Detailed molding
- Durable figure
- Includes projectiles & costume pieces
- Compatible with other like items
- Cannon can launch projectiles
Review Methodology: At Mom Loves Best, our comprehensive research, evaluation, and hands-on experience provide you with a reliable assessment of the best Batman toys on the market. Our analysis includes measuring each toy’s performance, comparing critical factors like safety, durability, and play value, and ranking them based on our findings. We test, check, and track each toy’s attributes, sharing results and reviews from a user’s perspective. Our professional team diligently identifies what sets each product apart, providing you with the facts to make an informed decision. Our aim is to ensure your child’s safety and fun, all based on solid, objective evidence.
The Best Batman Toys of 2023
Here are the 15 best Batman toys for kids of all ages and interests.
LEGO Batman Batmobile: Pursuit of The Joker
Best Batman LEGO Set
A wonderful introduction to Batman LEGO, this set has two mini-figures, a car they can sit in, and ten elements with which to customize your build.
Working stud shooters on the Batmobile can be used to bring down the Joker, but watch out, Batman’s arch-nemesis is armed with a functioning stud shooter of his own.
With 342 pieces, this set is big enough to be interesting without being overwhelming.
- Flaming exhaust rotates when the car is pushed along.
- Open the hood to reveal the engine.
- Works with the “ghost-mode” app.
- The instructions could be clearer for newbie LEGO builders.
Fisher Price Imaginext Super Friends Batcave
Best Batman Batcave Toy
For pure play value, it’s hard to beat this Batcave set from Fisher-Price.
The working elevator allows the Batman and Robin figures to access all levels of the Batcave. Use the spinning platforms to make fun things happen within the cave, such as opening the Batcomputer, extending the movable walkways, or opening and closing the front door.
- Includes two figures, Batcycle, and a flight suit for the Caped Crusader.
- It also comes with three projectiles for launching.
- Compatible with other Imaginext sets.
- Labeled as for 3 years and older, but it’s more interesting for older kids.
Rubie’s Costumes Batman Suit
Best Batman Suit
This Batman suit is officially licensed and includes everything your little one needs to emulate their favorite superhero.
The full sleeve suit has 3-D gauntlets on the arms. Stuffing in the upper arms and shoulders give the appearances of a muscular Batman. There are also padded, sculpted pecs and abs.
The rest of the costume is relatively loose and cut to allow your child plenty of room to move.
- Includes suit, cape, mask, boot tops, and printed belt.
- Available in three sizes.
- It’s comfortable for moving around in freely.
- The stuffed chest can make kids hot.
Fisher Price Imaginext Batcycle
Best Batman Toy Motorcycle
This is more than your average Batcycle.
Instead of the standard two-wheel setup, this bike has a secret. Press the red button at the rear of the bike and the wheels split, then move outwards transforming it into a hovering Batbike.
It comes with a Batman figure that can hold onto the handlebars and two discs which can be fired from the Batbike to bring the baddies to justice.
- Wheels turn when pushed along.
- Bike stands up independently.
- The bike can launch a disc so it can truly fire at the villains.
- Most enjoyable in conjunction with other Imaginext Batman toys.
Sunny Days Entertainment Batman Tent
Best Batman Tent
Brightly printed in a 1960’s Adam West-style Batman and his sidekick Robin, this tent provides a place to play, hide, or sleep for your adventurous superhero fan.
The pop-up style tent is easy to erect as there are no complex pieces to put together. Instead, you simply give it a twist and your tent is ready. This tent doesn’t take up much space, so it should fit in many of the rooms in your house or apartment.
- Folds flat for easy storage.
- Lightweight so you can take it traveling.
- It’s affordable.
- No floor to the tent, which makes it a bust for outdoor backyard campouts.
LEGO Juniors The Joker Batcave Attack
Best Batman LEGO Junior Set
For kids who are too young for traditional LEGO, the Danish brick manufacturer has created LEGO Juniors. At 151-pieces, this set is more suitable for younger kids between the ages of 4 to 7.
This set has all you need to build a mini-Batcave, with a Batcomputer and a jail cell for the Dark Knight’s prisoners. The Batman figure is joined by Robin, and the set includes a Joker figure for the Dynamic Duo to chase.
- Easy for younger kids to build.
- Includes a Batwing jet, hotrod for the Joker, and other accessories.
- The put-together pieces create a lot of play opportunities.
- The Batcave is small — it’s just a jail cell, an arch, and the Batcomputer.
Fisher Price Imaginext Transforming Batmobile
Best Batman RC Toy
This is a 12-inch long remote control Batmobile with a secret. If you press a button, the car transforms from vehicle mode to battle mode.
In vehicle mode, the car moves forward, backward, left, right, or spins in circles. In battle mode, you can use the remote to launch discs at Batman’s enemies. The vehicle has lights and sound, which ups the excitement factor for kids.
- Exciting transformation process.
- Has working lights and sounds.
- Batman included.
- Needs four C batteries for the vehicle and two AAAs for the remote.
- It doesn’t work well on thicker carpet.
LEGO Batman Cuddle Pillow Batman
Best Batman Stuffed Toy
This cute and cuddly Batman toy is made in the style of the LEGO Batman, complete with LEGO figurine shaped hands.
The fabric on Batman’s front is printed with the Batman logo, his belt, and his chiseled muscles.
He also has a cape which flies loosely behind him.
- It’s made of a quality fabric that can be spot cleaned.
- Can stand up, without support, so it can double as a decor item.
- It’s soft enough for cuddling.
- At 19 inches, it may be too tall for some kids to enjoy cuddling.
Batman Rebirth 12-Inch Tactical Action Figure
Best Batman Action Figure
This impressive, 12-inch tall Batman action figure has eleven points of articulation, allowing your child to pose Brue Wayne’s alter-ego in a variety of ways.
Batman’s cloth cape flies in the wind behind him as little hands help him fly through the air.
Meanwhile, the molding on his body is extremely detailed and his arms benefit from spectacular 3-D arm gauntlets.
- The articulation provides lots of opportunities for play.
- You can add to the set with two other Batmen, Robin, The Joker, and Harley-Quinn.
- It’s a durable figure.
- Larger than other action figures.
Fisher-Price Imaginext Batmobile
Best Batman Toy Batmobile
This is a push-along, black, blue, and yellow Batmobile with wings that spread to display the iconic Bat symbol.
The top of the vehicle opens to allow the Batman figure, which is included, to sit inside and drive.
Then, with a twist of a rear platform, the shields pop up and the cannon rotates.
- It includes projectiles and the Batman figure with removable costume pieces.
- Compatible with other items in the line.
- The cannon can launch projectiles, which little kids should like.
- Doesn’t fit inside the available Batcave.
Batman Dark Knight Rises Cape
Best Batman Cape
This cape and mask set allows your child to transform any outfit into a Batman costume. The cape goes around the neck using hook and loop fastening fabric, and the mask is held on with an elastic strip.
The mask is comfy enough that young kids won’t mind wearing it as they enact their superhero fantasies.
This set is officially licensed by DC and is in the style of the Batman in The Dark Knight Rises.
- The molded mask with pointy ears looks realistic.
- Less hassle than a full costume.
- It’s highly affordable.
- One-size item, best for 6- to 12-year-olds.
Fisher-Price Imaginext: Laff Factory
Best Batman Joker Toy
Every great superhero needs an unforgettable villain, and Batman has many. But The Joker is the best of all Batman’s foes.
With the Laff Factory, The Joker is given a playset of his own, good enough to rival the Batcave.
Your child make The Joker travel up and down or spin on the elevator. They can also make him ride around in the rocket and make the fish in the dunk tank spin.
- A fun alternative to the plethora of Batcave toys.
- Includes Joker figurine and accessories.
- It’s well made and has a lot of play value.
- Batman isn’t included — you’ll have to buy him separately.
DC Batman Voice Changing Mask
Best Batman Mask
Outside of dressing up and role play, some masks provide limited play value.
However, when your child wears this mask, it will transform their voice into Batman’s. There are also 15 pre-programmed phrases that can be activated at the touch of a button, which was an excellent option for our non-verbal son.
Get ready, though. It’s scary to be woken up by your child talking in a Batman voice.
- A great alternative to a simple mask.
- One size fits all — even teens and adults.
- It’s easy to breathe in this comfortable mask.
- It can be a bit heavy for smaller kids.
Fisher Price Imaginext Batman’s BatCopter
Best Batman Toy Copter
Helicopters are not the first thing you think of when you imagine Batman toys. So it should be no surprise that there is a limited choice of Batman copters.
However, this offering has a single seat for which is included in the set.
- It’s a cool addition to your child’s Batman vehicles.
- Fun in the bath.
- Batcopter blade rotates.
- Play is somewhat limited.
Batman Coloring, Activity, And Sticker Books Bundle
Best Batman Coloring Book
In this bundle, you get a jumbo coloring and activity pack. You also become the proud owner of 100 Batman reward stickers and a bonus bundle of 300 Batman vs. Superman stickers.
At 8×11 inches, this is a good size for smaller kids yet still portable. The book also has games and puzzles.
- Markers do not bleed through the paper.
- Reward sticker book includes certificates and activities.
- It’s highly affordable.
- So many stickers your kids end up putting them everywhere.
Types of Batman Toys
To find suitable products, you need to narrow down your choices and decide which type of Batman toy your child would appreciate the most.
The term “action figure” was created by Hasbro in 1964 to market their G.I. Joe. Since then, action figures have evolved to encompass figurines from the 1 ½ inch LEGO mini-figures to dolls of 12 inches or more.
Some come in fixed poses, while others have moveable arms and legs. Some may be movable at other joints, allowing your child to put them inside vehicles, set them in multiple poses, and more.
When choosing an action figure, consider:
- The size of the figure and how well it will work with other toys.
- Whether the figure is articulated.
- What accessories come with the figure.
With stuffed toys, you should look at:
- How firmly the toy is stuffed. Does your little one like soft and floppy stuffies or a firm stuffed toy?
- What fabric is it made from?
- How easy will it be to clean?
- Has the fabric been treated with toxic chemicals to make it flame retardant?
Comics and Coloring Books
Before selecting one of these, ask yourself:
- Does your child have the reading skills to enjoy this book, or will you need to read it?
- Are the drawings in the coloring book too simple or too complex for your child?
- Does the comic or coloring book contain images or storylines that do not align with your family’s beliefs and principles?
Toy Cars and Motorbikes
When looking at this category of toys, you should ask these questions:
- Does the vehicle come with figures or accessories?
- Is the item part of a wider toy range?
- Can figures sit inside the car or on the motorcycle?
- Does the vehicle make noises or have lights?
For dress-up toys, consider:
- How easy is it to clean?
- Will my child have to wear other clothes underneath the costume?
- How much use will my child get out of this costume?
When choosing building toys, ask:
- Will they work with other building toy brands?
- Is the set big enough to allow for new configurations that will keep your child interested?
Outdoor toys promote more physical activity than some indoor toys do. Ask yourself:
- How long will the item stand up to the elements?
- Will the weather where you live allow your child to enjoy this toy for much of the year?
- Can they also be played with indoors?
How to Choose the Best Batman Toys
Some considerations are relevant for all toys. Even Batman fans should think about these factors before purchasing anything for their kids.
Great Gotham Games, Batman!
The best Batman toys are those that stimulate your child’s imagination, provide opportunities for pretend play, and leave you feeling good about giving them. That’s why we’ve chosen these 15 winning items. They’ll tick every box on your list of criteria, and then some.
To feel even better about giving Batman gifts to your kid, tell them your own childhood Batman memories. It will help you forge a connection.