- Meaning: The name Everly means “woodland clearing” and “boar.”
- Gender: Everly is a unisex name.
- Origin: The name Everly stems from British and Old English origins.
- Pronunciation: “EV-er-LEE” or “EHV-er-LEE”
- Popularity: Everly is a very popular name ranking at #50 on the top 1,000 girls’ names list.
- Nicknames: Eevee, Ev, Eve, Ever, Evie, Evy, Lee, LeLe
- Variations: Everett, Everette, Everlee, Everleigh, Everley, Everlie.
- Namesakes: Donald “Don” Everly, Everly Ashton, Everly Blue Wylde, Everly Grayce Johnson.
- What Does Everly Mean?
- What Is the Origin of the Name Everly?
- How Popular Is the Name Everly?
- How Do I Pronounce Everly?
- Is Everly a Boy or Girl Name?
- Variations of Everly
- Nicknames for Everly
- Similar Names to Everly
- Middle Names for Everly
- Sibling Names for Everly
- Famous People Named Everly
- Everly in Popular Culture
- Everly FAQs
What Does Everly Mean?
Everly means “woodland clearing” and “boar” in British and English. In Old English, the word “eofor” translates to mean boar. The Old English word “leah” translates to mean clearing and woodland. (1)
The name may also have roots in a Germanic name, Eberhard. This name means “brave as a wild boar.” With similar sounding and meaning, this is why roots are possible from Eberhard. (2)
What Is the Origin of the Name Everly?
The name Everly is of British and English origins. Originally a surname and a place name, it started its rise in popularity in American names in 2008.
Everly is a city in Iowa. Internationally, Everly is also a commune in the Seine-et-Marne area of northern-central France.
The Everly Brothers was a rock music duo with the surname in the mid-20th century. Their popularity could be one of the reasons that Everly transformed into a given name.
How Popular Is the Name Everly?
Everly is a very popular name for a girl ranking at #50 on the top 1,000 baby girl names list from the Social Security Administration in 2021. The name first hit the top 1,000 baby girl names list in 2012 at rank #902. As a girl name, Everly hit its highest popularity on the list in 2019 at #42. (3)
While Everly does not show on the top 1,000 baby boy names list, male infants still receive this given name. Its current ranking is in the six thousand range as of 2022. It increased in popularity by 2000 names on the overall list in 2021.
How Do I Pronounce Everly?
You pronounce Everly as EV-er-LEE. Another possible pronunciation is EHV-er-LEE.
Is Everly a Boy or Girl Name?
Everly is a unisex name. It is more popular as a girl’s name than a boy’s name.
Variations of Everly
Everly has many variations with the same sound and different spellings. These are the variations we like for Everly:
- Everett (Old English)
- Everette (Old English)
- Everlee (English)
- Everleigh (English)
- Everley (Old English)
- Everlie (Old English)
Nicknames for Everly
Everly is an ardent and playful name with many opportunities for nicknames. Here are the nicknames that we picked out for Everly:
Similar Names to Everly
The modern and spunky name Everly has many similar names to choose from to compare your options. These are the similar names to Everly that we love:
Middle Names for Everly
Middle names for Everly should be as modern and different as this given name is for a boy or girl. These are the gender-neutral middle names that we love for the unisex name, Everly:
Sibling Names for Everly
If you have a child named Everly, we know you are on the search for the perfect sibling name for your next bundle of joy. Here are some suggestions for brother and sister names that go well with Everly:
For a Brother:
For a Sister:
Famous People Named Everly
Since Everly has hit very high popularity, it is becoming more used as a given name. We have people with Everly as a given name or surname featured below:
- Donald “Don”Everly: Member of the rock duo, The Everly Brothers.
- Everly Ashton: American author.
- Everly Blue Wylde: Daughter of Adam Wylde and Caprice Conners born in 2019.
- Everly Grayce Johnson: Daughter of Brent Johnson, who is a professional ice hockey player.
- Everleigh LaBrant: Child YouTube star from The LaBrant Fam channel.
- Everly Sue Gaston: Daughter of reality TV personality figures Rusty and Kacie Boguskie born in 2017.
- Phillip“Phil”Everly: Brother to Don Everly and member of The Everly Brothers.
Everly in Popular Culture
Everly spike in popularity since the 2010s means more pop culture references are on the rise for this name. These are the pop culture designations that we wanted to feature:
- Everly: Main character in the film “Everly” released in 2014.
- Everly Galbraith: Sorun’s mother in the video game “Death’s Gambit.”
- Wendy Everly: Protagonist in “Trylle Trilogy” by Amanda Hocking.
- Queen Everly: Queen of Isleworth in the Disney Junior cartoon series, “Sofia the First.”
Everly is a youthful and playful name, but we imagine you may still have some questions. Here are answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the name Everly:
What Gender-Exclusive Middle Names Work Well With Everly?
Female middle names that pair well with Everly include Alice, Anne, Lynn, Marie, and Rose. Male middle names that pair well with Everly are Alexander, Andrew, Benjamin, Charles, and Daniel.
Are There Any Boys With the Given Name Everly?
Anthony Kiedis is a member of the band Red Hot Chili Peppers. He named his son, born in 2007, Everly Bear Kiedis.
How Popular Are the Name Variations for Everly?
A couple of name variations for Everly are also on the top 1,000 baby girl names list. Everleigh ranks at #100, and Everlee ranks at #376 as of 2021. Everley and Everlie are not on the list.
Everette was last seen on the top 1,000 baby boy names list in 1972 at #842. Currently, the variation Everett ranks at #82 for boys.