Who doesn’t love a cozy pair of leggings? But finding that perfect pair can be more challenging when you’re pregnant. Your regular everyday leggings might not do the trick.
On our quest to find the best maternity leggings, we found a lot of duds — leggings with scratchy fabric, pairs that pilled in the wash, and options that were too tight or too loose or totally unsupportive.
We kept searching until we found lots of options for you — leggings that are soft and weather appropriate, options that won’t shift around, slide down, or feel uncomfortably tight on your growing belly. We looked for bonus features, too, like a supportive belly panel, pockets, fleece lining, and posture support.
We’ve found seamless leggings, full-length leggings, cropped leggings, leggings for exercise, leggings for lounging, and leggings you can get away with wearing at the office.
Check out our top picks here, and enjoy that feeling of sweet legging comfort throughout the rest of your pregnancy.
- Thick yet soft and breathable
- Wide waistband
- Plus size available
- Pull on closure
- Motherhood's exclusive secret fit belly
- Soft and cozy
- Comfortable and fashionable
- Keeps you cool all day
- Built-in belly support panel
- Supports belly without excess pressure
- Non see-through fabric
- Machine Washable
- Large side pockets
- Ultra soft stretchable fabric
- Figure flattering
- Soft moisture-wicking material
- Crossover panel
- Lightweight and breathable
- Great posture & back support
- Moisture wicking
- Made in the U.S.
- Pull on closure
- Super soft and cozy
- Full length seamless legging
- Great posture & back support
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Comfortable and compressing
- Contoured panel
- Four-way stretch fabric
- Versatile comfort
How to Choose the Best Maternity Leggings
- Fabric: Nearly all leggings will be made of synthetic or partly synthetic fabrics as they need to stretch. Cotton can be super comfy, but it can become see-through if stretched too far. Nylon-lycra will provide full coverage, but it may have more of a sheen. Choose a material that will provide both the coverage and the aesthetic you’re looking for.
- Thickness: Leggings come in all different opacities. Extra thickness not only provides coverage but it keeps you warm. You can even get fleece-lined leggings. If you tend to run hot (as many women do during pregnancy), you’ll want to skip thick tights.
- Length: Leggings come in full-length or capri-length styles. If you’re self-conscious about your varicose veins, you may be more comfortable choosing a full-length option.
- Washing Instructions: Check the care instructions. Many brands will tell you to hand-wash or hang your leggings to dry. Some must even be dry cleaned. Make sure you choose leggings with care instructions you’ll be willing to follow.
- Belly Panel: Some leggings have a belly panel just like regular maternity pants. Others are designed to be worn below the belly. Still, others have a crossover panel that you can either roll down or up, depending on your preference.
The Best Maternity Leggings of 2022
Here are our favorite maternity leggings.
1. Hue Women's Cotton Ultra Maternity Leggings
Full and Flawless
These leggings were designed to prevent pressure on any specific part of the belly. They offer a wide waistband, superb fit, and non-see-through fabric. They also act as gentle shapewear, giving you a flattering figure while still keeping their comfortable feel.
2. Motherhood French Terry Maternity Leggings
Comfort in Disguise
The thick material and pocket details make these look like real pants — but they’re actually comfy leggings. Nobody in the office will mind if you show up to work in this professional-looking pair.
3. Preggers Footless Compression Maternity Leggings
Clever 2-in-1 Option
If you’re at work all day or have young children, it can be hard to find time to put your feet up to prevent swelling, varicose veins, and muscle fatigue. Compression stockings help improve circulation in the legs during pregnancy and can help prevent these conditions. But with these leggings, you won’t need compression stockings because they function as both.
4. Foucome Capri Maternity Leggings
High-Quality Must Have
These leggings have a 3D belly panel for a good fit instead of the simple stretchy fabric some leggings have. The panel culminates in a V-shaped back for optimal support without extra fabric. This function also helps to reduce lower back pressure.
5. Foucome Maternity Bootcut Dress Pants
Goes with Everything
These leggings are so thick and deceptive that they’re even marketed as “pants.” But make no mistake, they’re leggings. They’ve got a flattering and form-fitting dedsign, but their polyester/nylon/spandex construction will keep you super warm and comfy.
6. Ingrid & Isabel Workout Capri
Sporty and Stylish
These workout pants have a belly panel to hold them in place and offer you support. A V-cut in the back reduces the amount of fabric on your torso and keeps you from overheating while you exercise. The synthetic fabric ensures they won’t be see-through, and the stylish design will keep you looking fab and fit.
7. Essentials for Mothers Maternity Stretch Leggings
Stretchy but Supportive
These moisture-wicking leggings offer good back and posture support, which is super important when you’re carrying extra weight in the front. They even come in both black and brown options, so if you buy one of each, you’ll have something to go with every top in your closet.
8. Motherhood Fleece Maternity Leggings
Lovely for Layering
Seamless, fleece-lined, and able to be worn either mid-belly or under the belly, these versatile leggings will keep you warm both during and after pregnancy. Plus, they’re thick enough to avoid being see-through, so you can make sure your tush will stay covered and comfortable.
9. Essentials for Mothers Navy Maternity Leggings
In the Navy
The super-comfy, synthetic construction of these leggings prevents them from being see-through. They will grow with you throughout your pregnancy and can even be used after pregnancy while you’re still waiting to get back into your regular clothes.
10. Cloya Active Maternity Capri Leggings
Next Level Flex
The fabric on these pants stretches in four directions, keeping it from pulling or fitting uncomfortably as it expands over your growing body. The seam’s stitching was designed to minimize chafe, and the nylon/spandex construction makes these a great choice to wear to your fitness class.
11. Motherhood Maternity Crop Leggings
Lightweight Wardrobe Staple
The cotton construction on these pants makes them breathable, and the secret-fit crossover panel will expand through several phases of pregnancy. The capri-length cut will help you stay cool, and the cute silhouette will keep you in great summer style.
12. Three Seasons Maternity Capri Leggings
Designed to FIT
These cotton leggings will keep you cool, as will the capri cut. The waistband is also versatile, so you can roll it up or down, depending on your preference. Because of this, you’ll also be able to wear it well into the postpartum period, making this an economical choice for the woman who wants to get as much mileage out of her maternity clothes as possible.
13. Motherhood Maternity Plus-Size Maternity Leggings
Adjusts to Your Body
The jersey knit of these leggings makes them super soft and comfortable, and the secret-fit belly panel was designed to grow with you throughout your pregnancy. And since they were designed for plus-sized pregnant women, they’ll expand in just the right ways and will keep you comfy even after your delivery.
14. Beyond Yoga Maternity Capri Leggings
For the Yoga Mamas
The polyester construction of these maternity leggings helps keep these opaque, while the full-belly panel offers you posture support and prevents your pants from sliding down during your workout. The super-stretch design will fit you throughout your pregnancy and will even be comfy enough to wear home from the hospital.
15. Loving Moments Maternity Leggings
These leggings give you the best of both worlds, combining the comfort of spandex with the strength of nylon. The fabric doesn’t bunch or sag, and the roll-proof waistband should stay right where it belongs.