When you need to make space for a high chair in a cramped dining room, a folding high chair can be the perfect solution — and we’ve discovered some great options for you!
Combining our own experiences with thousands of reviews from other parents, we’ll help you decide which styles and features you need most and which of these best folding high chairs will fit your living space.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Non-skid duck feet for stability
- One-hand safety release buckle
- Has a footrest
- Comfy seat for baby
- 3 reclining positions
- Collapses like a beach chair
- Lightweight and perfect for traveling
- Swing-open tray
- Very affordable
- Easy to carry
- Comes in 2 different colors
- Transitions into 3 types of seats
- Extra-large food tray
- Easily adjusts with one hand
- Comes in 10 different colors
- Inexpensive compared to competitors
- Deep cup hole in tray area
- Comes with straps
- Highly affordable
- Perfect for traveling
How to Choose the Best Folding High Chair
When you’re choosing your child’s folding high chair, there are a few things you’ll want to look out for.
- Seat belts: Make sure your folding high chair has a seatbelt with a portion that comes up between your baby’s legs. That crotch segment can prevent your child from sliding down in their seat. Shoulder harnesses are also a good idea to keep your baby safe and secure.
- Collapsible: You might be folding that high chair two or three times a day. You don’t want it to be a struggle each time. To ensure you don’t waste precious minutes fighting a high chair, look for one you can fold up quickly.
- Footrests: A footrest can make it more comfortable for your child to eat in a high chair as they get older.
- Comfy seat: Some seats are made of easy-to-wipe materials that may not feel nice to sit on for a long time. Try to choose a seat that’s padded to keep your baby from getting fussy at mealtimes.
- Wheels: Wheels can make it handy to roll your chair to the nearest closet for storage between uses.
- If you want it to recline: Some parents like to start their baby in the high chair earlier than four months. The only way to safely pull this off is if the high chair can recline.
- Ease of cleaning: Sometimes, having a plastic seat does not guarantee easy cleaning. The best folding high chairs won’t have hard-to-clean nooks and crannies that trap food.
- Material: High chairs can be made with wood, plastic, canvas, or metal. Some are lined with waterproof fabrics and are padded, while others have a minimalistic one-material makeup.
- Dishwasher-safe trays: If you have the space in your dishwasher along with all your family’s dishes, you might want to opt for the convenience of a dishwasher-safe high chair tray.
The Best Folding High Chairs of 2022
Here are our favorite folding high chairs on the market.
1. Hiccapop Omniboost High Chair
Best Portable Folding High Chair For Toddlers
This model is a good pick for on-the-go moms who would love to bring their high chair with them on family trips and vacations. Weighing only 4.19 pounds, it is a no-brainer why this is a good fit for travel.
When your baby is a toddler, it’s a good time to get them used to eat at the table with the rest of their family. You can convert your ordinary dining chair into a high chair using this product. The attached duck feet allow for an even distribution of weight, increasing your baby’s stability and overall safety.
What we like best about this high chair is that it can be during meals and playtime. This is perfect for those who want to keep an eye on their baby while still doing something productive.
The Hiccapop folding high chair is best for babies ages six months up to three years, so you’ll get lots of use from this little piece of equipment.
- The tray is dishwasher safe and stain resistant.
- Can hold up to 30 pounds.
- The added duck feet ensure stability.
- May not be suitable for bigger babies.
2. Graco Slim Snacker Folding High Chair
Best Folding High Chair For Babies
We love that this Graco high chair has three reclining positions, so you’ll be able to use it for all your child’s feeding stages.
It just takes a second to fold up, and you can easily do it with one hand while holding your baby in the other. You can store this chair in a narrow space, so it should fit in a closet without taking up much valuable real estate.
The chair also includes a mesh storage area where you can keep any feeding essentials you want handy, like wet wipes, sippy cups, or a container of your baby’s favorite snacks.
It has a convertible seat belt that can operate as a three-point or five-point harness, depending on your preference. It also comes with a full-size food tray with a cup holder.
- This chair has a footrest.
- The seat is comfy for your baby.
- It has three reclining positions.
- The straps are white and stain easily.
- It can be hard to clean because the cover isn’t removable.
3. Joovy Nook Folding High Chair
Best Minimalist Folding High Chair
With a simple, minimalistic design, Joovy has created a high chair that stores easily and looks great with any layout.
Many high chairs are bulky, but if you’re all about a clean aesthetic, you’ll love the simple lines and single-colored leatherette seat. But don’t think this high chair lacks awesome features because it looks bare.
The entire thing folds compactly like a beach chair so you can store it when not in use. It’s also light enough to bring along when you’re traveling by any means. The swing-open tray has four depth adjustments and can be open and closed with one hand, which is great for moms looking to get through hectic mealtimes.
If you’re in a tight space or don’t want a bulky high chair filling up your kitchen, consider this high chair for small spaces to keep yourself organized and stress-free. It’ll look good anywhere and provide all the functionality you need.
- Collapses like a beach chair and is easy to store.
- Lightweight and perfect for traveling.
- Swing-open tray simplifies feeding time.
- No height or recline adjustments.
4. Cosco Simple Folding High Chair
Best Compact Folding High Chair
This lightweight high chair folds down, making it an excellent solution for those who don’t have much storage space.
It only takes a second to fold, and you don’t even have to remove the tray. When in use, the tray has three positions, which will give your baby additional room as they grow and need the extra space.
The tray has a cup holder and an insert tray that can go in the dishwasher, and the whole thing is done in a kid-friendly monster design that children will love.
The three-point harness is sturdy and will hold children up to 50 pounds. If you’re into matching all your baby gear, this company also offers other items with the same monster design, including a stroller, play yard, and walker.
- This is a very affordable chair.
- It’s so lightweight anyone will be able to carry it.
- It comes in two different colors — one for boys and one for girls.
- The seat back doesn’t recline, so you can’t use it for infants.
- You can’t remove the cover for cleaning.
5. Graco Duo Diner Folding Highchair
Best 3-in-1 Folding High Chair
Enjoy mealtimes for years to come with this easily convertible high chair that grows with your baby. With three built-in stages, you can use it as an infant high chair, a traditional high chair, or a booster seat. Plus, it has five height adjustments and a one-hand reclining seat.
We appreciate this functionality because it saves space in your kitchen and money in your wallet. Your child will also be more comfortable during mealtimes, allowing your family to create precious memories together without hassle.
Other features include an extra-large plastic food tray to prevent spills, a comfy machine-washable seat pad, and a convertible 3 and 5-point harness system.
This is a great high chair for busy moms with a full house. Use it in multiple ways for all your little ones while keeping your kitchen neat and tidy.
- Transitions into three types of seats to grow with your baby.
- The extra-large food tray prevents spills.
- Easily adjusts with one hand.
- Confusing instructions make it difficult to assemble.
6. Ciao! Baby Portable Folding High Chair
Best Folding High Chair For Camping
This portable high chair folds up much like a lawn chair and can be carried in a matching pouch. It takes up minimal trunk space and can hold children up to three years old.
One of the best parts about this chair is that it doesn’t require any assembly. It only weighs eight pounds, so you can easily carry it to your campsite, even if it is a bit of a walk from the car.
While it won’t come apart for cleaning, it is easy to wipe down. It has a seat belt strap but no shoulder or harness straps.
Finally, the base is wider than the top of the seat, which helps a little with stability.
- It comes in 10 different colors.
- This chair is pretty inexpensive compared to its competitors.
- It has a deep cup hole in the tray area.
- Because this chair isn’t as stable as a heavier chair would be, you’ll have to set it on flat ground for stabillity.
- The fabric tray tilts toward the child and doesn’t have a “lip,” which causes some food to roll toward your child’s lap.
7. Summer Infant Deluxe Folding Booster Seat
Best Folding Booster Seat
When your baby isn’t sitting at the table in this booster seat, it’s easy to fold away and store, and it barely takes up any room.
It can adjust to two different heights, which helps when your child has a growth spurt, and you can set the tray at three different positions. The three-point seatbelt will ensure your child’s safety on a high chair.
To make sure you thoroughly clean the high chair between uses, remove the seat pad, and toss it in the washing machine. When your baby is done eating, you can also pop the tray into the dishwasher for a thorough cleaning.
This is so lightweight you can take it anywhere with no effort. It has straps on the back, allowing you to anchor it to any chair easily, so it doesn’t slip off and cause injury to your baby.
- It comes with straps to safely anchor it to any chair.
- This is highly affordable for any budget.
- It’s great to take along for traveling.
- It can only hold up to 33 pounds.
- This chair doesn’t have shoulder straps.