If your little wizard is ready to stun their audience with some real magic tricks, you’ll want to find the right kit for them to work with.
We compared dozens of products and read hundreds of reviews so we could help you narrow your search and provide you with a list of the best magic kits for kids. These kits are age-appropriate, include easy-to-understand instructions, have been approved by thousands of users, and have a wide range of tricks to keep your magician — and their audience — fascinated for more than a few minutes.
Surprise your child with one of these mind-blowing kits, and watch the magic unfold.
- Illustrated manual & instructional DVD
- Multiple learning levels
- Excellent storage system
- Easily portable
- Entertainment for all ages
- Excellent icebreaker
- 10 science magic experiments
- Encourages hands-on learning
- Great for science enthusiasts
- Science-based magic kit
- Cast spells & create concoctions
- Fun for the whole family
- Easy-to-learn magic tricks
- Cool & sturdy storage box
- Child-friendly instructions
- Access to online videos
- Includes magician's hat
- Versatile suitcase
- Learn from a master illusionist
- Hundreds of magic tricks
- Levitation secrets included
The Best Kids Magic Kits of 2023
Here are our favorite magic kits for kids.
1. Learn & Climb Jumbo Magic Kit
All-Inclusive Magic Kit
Ultimate fun and magic begin right here with the mega magic kit. Your little magician will have access to 28 props and a large variety of tricks that’ll stretch their imagination and creativity. The kit has different activity levels, allowing your child to grow with it from age 6 up.
As your child stages the performance, their self-esteem and confidence will improve. They’ll also gain public speaking skills, memorization abilities, and hand-eye coordination.
The kit consists of two drawers that provide easy storage for all the props. You’ll also find a comprehensive instructional DVD and an easy-to-follow illustrated manual. You can scan the included QR codes to access the manufacturer’s full game manual online.
- Illustrated manual and instructional DVD included.
- Multiple learning levels for varying ages.
- High-quality materials.
- Excellent storage system.
- A variety of props and tricks to keep your kid entertained.
- The instruction manual is complicated for young users.
2. Marvin's Magic Fifty Greatest Card Magic Tricks
Card Magic for Tweens
Marvin’s Magic kit gives your child a chance to engage in one of the oldest magic tricks known to man.
You will find a comprehensive instruction manual to teach your kids how to perform over 50 tricks. It will not be long before your child becomes a pro. You can expect to say “wow” a lot as your child stages their act.
The kit is recommended for all ages, offering great entertainment for the whole family.
- This kit is easily portable.
- Instructional video accessed by an online QR code.
- Entertainment for all ages.
- An excellent icebreaker.
- Some of the tricks are really hard to master.
3. National Geographic Science Magic Kit
Create evidence-based science magic tricks with the National Geographic Magic Kit. It’s a good way to introduce your kids to magic tricks and could pave the way to honing their scientific skills. This kit is suitable for children aged 8 and above. It’s perfect for kids who are just beginning to show interest in the world of magic and science. With simple and easy-to-learn tricks, your child will impress their audience in no time.
The kit contains 10 experiments like making snow magically appear in your hand, changing solution colors, and some others — all backed with explanations.
With this kit, your child will be engaged for hours as they build their confidence to perform tricks for their cohorts.
- Easy-to-master tricks.
- Made to incorporate magic in the world of science.
- Very affordable.
- Great hands-on learning for science enthusiasts.
- Some of the tricks are very similar.
4. Scientific Explorer Magic Science Kit
For Wizards Only
The inquisitive child who wants to know the science behind magic will find this kit fun, informative, and educational. This make-it-yourself kit is suitable for children aged 6 and above; however, it’s for wizards only!
The magic kit comes with an activity guide, test tubes, measuring scoops, and an assortment of chemicals. Your kid will also get to create their own wizard hat, an essential accessory for serious wizards.
The kit engages kids in nine fun activities, including creating test-tube crystals and a fizzy frenzy. Between exploration and entertainment, there will be much learning and tons of laughter.
- Science-based magic kit.
- Cast spells and create concoctions.
- Fun for the whole family.
- Given the ingredients and projects, adults might need to supervise.
5. Melissa & Doug Classic Magic Tricks
Classic Magic Moments
Any magic-loving 8-year-old will appreciate this set of tricks. Your child will have a chance to master and perform well-known magic tricks and illusions. It’s a great kit for individual play or when they have friends over for a party or sleepover.
From a vanishing coin to a disappearing ball and magic number prediction, this kit is designed to improve hand-eye coordination. Additionally, some of the tricks require a bit of thinking, so they’ll stretch your child’s imagination.
- Easy-to-learn magic tricks.
- Comes with a cool and sturdy storage box.
- Quality materials used.
- Child-friendly instructions.
- The kit contains only 10 tricks.
6. Ideal Magic Spectacular Magic Suitcase
Magic on the Go
Looking for a magic kit that allows your little magician to travel in style? This is your go-to magic kit. It comes with a wand, hat, and suitcase that also doubles as a magician’s table. Your child can put on a show anywhere.
Suitable for children aged 8 and above, the kit contains tons of quality props. Your child can learn and master up to 100 tricks, including multiplying balls, a magic card shuffle, disappearing juice, and more.
- Access to online videos for more tricks.
- The magician’s hat makes for serious business.
- Versatile suitcase for storage, practice, and performance.
- The “suitcase” is made from sturdy cardboard but may not be too durable.
7. Criss Angel Platinum Magic Kit
For Little Mindfreaks
If your children like watching popular magicians in action, they’ll love this magic kit by Criss Angel. It provides a comprehensive tutorial of over 350 tricks for beginners, intermediate, and advanced young magicians from 8 years old.
Your kids will learn magic tricks from one of the best magicians alive. They’ll have tons of fun conducting stage performances and showing off their mastery of mind-blowing illusions.
The kit includes cups and balls, penetration glass, sponge balls, a secret floating device, and the “Mindfreak” secret deck, among others.
- An included manual for trick time.
- Learn from a master illusionist.
- Hundreds of magic tricks.
- Levitation secrets included.
- The instructional DVD is basic and short, so reading the manual is a must.
The Benefits of Magic for Kids
Besides keeping your kids, family members, and friends entertained, magic kits have many benefits. Here are some of them:
- Promotes creativity: Your kids will explore different card tricks and out-of-the-box thinking. The performance alone demands creativity — they’ll be thinking about what to say during the performance and what costume to wear.
- Boosts self-confidence: The appreciation your child receives when they perform a magic trick will boost confidence, both in themselves and their abilities. It’s a skill they could carry with them for a long time.
- Great way to start a conversation: “D’you wanna see a magic trick?” has got to be one of the best ways to get conversations going with kids and adults. Rather than racking their brains looking for something to say, let a magic trick do it for them.
How to Choose a Magic Kit for Kids
As with all other toys, there are certain features that you should look for in a magic kit to make it worth your child’s while. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Versatility: Magic kits containing multiple tricks will keep them entertained longer.
- Bolster imagination: Toys that push your child to think for themselves will increase their problem-solving abilities (1).
- Easy-to-understand instructions: A straightforward manual will help your child’s understanding rather than frustrating them because they can’t grasp the concepts.
Other Things to Consider
There are several other things to keep in mind as you shop for a magic kit for your kids. Let’s go over them.