Your baby is almost here and you can’t wait to meet them. But there are still some key elements missing from your breastfeeding plan, including a breast pump. We’ve spent countless hours researching the Ameda Purely Yours breast pumps to save you the hassle and bring you bite-sized details. So if this brand has caught your eye, but you aren’t sure if it is right for you, you’re in the right place.
Ameda Purely Yours Review
The Ameda Purely Yours double electric breast pump has adjustable speed and suction, so every mom may be able to find a setting that works for them. It can be operated by battery power or an outlet.
This pump also includes a dual hygiene-kit milk collection system. The kit helps ensure that milk goes in and bacteria stays out of the collection system.
Included in the kit are:
- 1x Purely Yours Pump System with AC adapter
- 1x dual Hygiene-kit milk collection system
- 1x shoulder carry bag
- 1x Cool’N Carry Milk tote
- 4x collection bottles with lids
- 3x ice packs
- This unit gives you the option of pumping one or both breasts at the same time.
- Being able to control the speed can reduce discomfort for some women.
- Easy to clean.
- This machine is fairly loud which might be a drawback if you are pumping at work.
- The suction isn’t the best.
Ameda MYA Joy Double Electric Breast Pump Review
Moms who don’t have much time on their hands for pumping would be best off buying a double electric pump, like the Ameda MYA Joy Double Electric Breast Pump, if they plan to express milk several times a day.
This closed system has a viral barrier feature to safeguard your baby’s health by keeping bacteria, viruses and even mold away from the breast milk you are pumping.
This set includes:
- the breast pump unit
- the milk collection system
- a tote
- a cooler bag
- a power adapter
- milk storage bottles
- Inexpensive for a double electric pump.
- Comes with a lot of accessories.
- Easy to clean.
- Closed system.
- Tends to lose suction over time.
- Noisy pumping experience.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Breast Pump
Togetherness is a wonderful thing when it comes to moms and newborns. But sometimes, life interferes with your plans to see your newborn as much as you would like. Things like work, emergencies or medical issues can cause you to be away from your baby at her mealtimes.
You’ll need the best breast pump to stockpile breast milk so your significant other can handle the feedings when you can’t be there.
Not everyone needs to buy an electric breast pump. You can get by with just a manual breast pump if you plan to pump milk less than once a day.
If you plan on pumping once or more a day, however, you should invest in an electric breast pump.
Before you buy your pump, you may want to consider:
- Price: Don’t spend more than you are comfortable with.
- Portability: If you plan on taking your pump out of the house, you’ll want something you can pack up easily.
- How hard it is to clean: With your precious baby around, you won’t want to spend one extra minute cleaning. Make sure your pump is easy to clean.
- How hard it is to figure out: If solving a Rubik’s Cube is easier than putting your pump together, you’ll want to consider another model.