While loving your newborn will be instinctual, caring for them is a different matter entirely. You may feel overwhelmed or lost, especially in the beginning if you’re a first-time mom. We’ve all been there.
While there is a lot to learn, don’t worry, we’ll get you up to speed on everything you’ll need to do.
Baby Care 101
To keep you better organized, it’s best if we break this up into bite-sized sections for you. These are the primary areas of caring for your baby you’ll need to know about.
- Breastfeeding: Will you breastfeed? Or will you formula feed? If you opt for breastfeeding, you’ll have to get up to speed on pumping, common breastfeeding issues, supply problems you may encounter, and breastfeeding products that will make your life so much easier.
- Development: You’ll learn about those fun milestones coming up, as well as the fun stuff like playing, reading, music, education, and exercise as it pertains to your baby.
- Diapering, clothes, and laundry: Will you use cloth or disposable diapers? Do you know how to change a diaper correctly, or spot abnormal baby poop? You’ll also learn about clothes for leaving the hospital, what laundry detergent to use, and products to help you stay on top of things.
- Feeding Babies and Toddlers: This category will cover solid food feedings, making and storing food, what to expect for portion sizes, and what products you’ll need to get started.
- Everyday Baby Care: Babies can get surprisingly dirty and smelly in no time at all. You’ll learn about the basics of grooming, bathing, and cleaning your little bundle of joy.
- Health and Safety: This is the category that might give you some of the most anxiety. We all want our babies to be safe, 24-7. We’ll give you the 411 on babyproofing, illnesses, outdoors safety, sun safety, water safety, and more.
- Baby Sleep & Nursery: It’s going to seem like your baby always sleeps, except when you want them to. We’ll give you the lowdown on sleep strategies, the safest sleeping position, swaddling, and all the gear you’ll need like cribs, bassinets, accessories, and more.
- Travel with Kids: If you want to show your baby the world or let them tag along while you keep exploring it, you’ll need some guidance. It takes a ton of planning to travel with a baby. We’ll give you our best tips on how to travel, travel safety, babywearing, and the gear that will help you, such as car seats, strollers, and more.