An iPad can be an expensive gift to give your child, and should they fall on the floor, you’ll discover that they’re quite fragile too. A good iPad case can help protect the device from external forces, and can also give it an attractive appearance.
With a large selection to choose from and the busy life you have, we’ve done the legwork for you and found the ten best iPad cases for kids.
- Great design
- Excellent material
- Can be used as a stand
- Fun butterfly shape
- Provides ample shock absorption
- Made from non-toxic materials
- Perfect for older children
- Great materials used
- Offers good protection
- It provides two-layer protection
- Tough, rugged appearance
- Includes a front bumper
- Durable case
- Provides thorough protection
- It features a carry handle
- Integrated screen protector
- Carry handle
- Two-way stand
- Colorful, fun design
- Easy to put on and take off
- Basic design, without childish appearance
- With several layers of silicone
- Includes a child-friendly carry handle
- Perfect for car travel
- All around handles
- Sturdy silicone material
- Reinforced rubber bumpers
- Four feet drop protection
- Easy access to buttons and ports
The Best iPad Cases for Kids of 2023
Here are the top ten iPad cases for kids.
1. Fintie iPad Case
Best iPad Case for Older Kids
For older children, we have this cool iPad case from Fintie. It’s compatible with iPad 9.7-inch 6th and 5th generation as well as iPad Air 1 and 2.
We chose this for the big kids because of the design — there are three dozen to choose from. Our favorite is the all-black case with the words, “Don’t Touch My iPad” on the back.
The case is made of premium synthetic leather with a soft microfiber interior. It will fit snugly around the iPad, and the lid can be used as a stand by flipping it.
- Great design.
- Excellent material.
- Provides ample protection.
- Can be used as a stand.
- It can crease over time when using it as a stand.
2. Feitenn 3D Cartoon Butterfly iPad Case
Best iPad Case for Girls
For girls, we have this cute 3D iPad case from Feitenn. It’s compatible with the iPad 5 and 6 and iPad Pro 9.7.
The butterfly-shaped case is charming and it comes in several color choices. The wings move outward and inward to use as a stand for hands-free use. The user can adjust the angle to suit their needs.
It’s quite thick, providing ample shock absorption in the event of a fall, while also keeping the iPad safe from scratches and smudges. The material used is high-quality, non-toxic EVA foam.
- Fun butterfly shape.
- Several color options available.
- It provides ample shock absorption.
- Made from non-toxic materials.
- On some devices, the portholes are a bit off.
3. Seymac iPad Case
Best Case for iPad 9.7, 6th and 5th Generation
If you’re searching for a case for an iPad 9.7, 5th or 6th generation, then have a look here. This case from Seymac Stock is a little more grown-up, so it’s great for older children.
It’s made of PU leather and high-grade thermoplastic polyurethane with a PC inner shell with lint cover for protection. The front cover has a magnetic strip to shut the screen off whenever it’s closed. The case has all-around compatible port access, as well as a dust cover for the charger.
When you open the cover, it doubles as a stand for playing or reading hands-free. At the back, there’s a peephole, so you can see the Apple logo.
- Perfect for older children.
- Great materials used.
- Offers good protection.
- Cover shuts off the screen and seconds as a stand.
- It’s difficult to remove from the iPad once fitted.
- The cover flap tends to slide off.
4. iPad 6th Generation Case By Rantice
Best iPad Case for Boys
For boys, we found this rugged case from Rantice. It’s compatible with the iPad 9.7, 5th and 6th generation.
The case is high quality, providing two protective layers — one is soft PC, the other is TPU material.
At the front, there’s a PC bumper to protect from head-on falls. It provides a snug fit as well as shock absorption.
Your little guy can enjoy using this case while playing games or watching videos. It comes with a built-in stand, enabling it to support itself. Besides being fun, it’s also lightweight and easy to carry, perfect for the backpack.
- It provides two-layer protection.
- Tough, rugged appearance.
- It includes a front bumper.
- Built-in stand.
- The stand isn’t adjustable.
- The outer shell can come loose sometimes.
5. BMOUO iPad Case for New iPad
Best for Small Children
Small children require something that not only protects but is also easy to carry. This case from BMOUO is ideal. You can use it for iPad Air 2 and iPad 9.7, 5th and 6th generation models.
This thing can take some hits. It’s made of impact-resistant polycarbonate material, which is double-enforced by an inner shock-absorbing silicone layer. In each corner, you’ll find additional thick silicone to protect your device from drops and other accidental impacts.
It’s also convenient. At the top, there’s a carry handle, which makes carrying the iPad around more accessible for small children. The handle can flip down to double as a stand.
- Durable case.
- Provides thorough protection.
- It features a carry handle.
- Several colors are available.
- The case is quite bulky.
- The charge port protector presses too hard on the power cord while charging.
6. Ledniceker iPad Case for Kids
Best iPad Case with Screen Protector
The screen is usually the first thing to break upon impact, so a built-in screen protector is much appreciated. The Ledniceker case suits the iPad 9.7, 5th and 6th generation, as well as the iPad Air 1 and 2.
The case is durable — it offers two-piece protection — made of non-toxic EVA foam rubber. The integrated screen protector is crystal clear, so there’s no loss of visibility.
At the top, there’s a carry handle for easy transport. Your little one can take it with them wherever they go. There’s also a stand, which works horizontally and vertically.
- Durable material.
- Integrated screen protector.
- Carry handle.
- Two-way stand.
- The stand isn’t as durable as the rest of the case.
7. AceGuarder iPad 9.7 inch Case
If you’re searching for a colorful case that will catch your little one’s eyes, then check out this one. This case from AceGuarder adds a splash of color to the iPad — it has a swirly, almost camo look to it. It’s compatible with iPad 9.7, 5th and 6th generation, iPad Pro 9.7, and the iPad Air 2.
The case is sturdy and constructed with soft rubber silicone and hard polycarbonate plastic. It can protect the device from a drop of up to five feet.
The case is effortless to put on and remove. It has a click-on design, where the front and back attach around the iPad. What’s more, there’s a stand with three adjustable angles as well as ports for a charger and earphones.
- Colorful, fun design.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Stand with three adjustable angles.
- The stand is a bit flimsy.
- The case sits a little loose.
8. i-Blason New iPad 10.2 Case
Best for Parent and Child
If you frequently let your child borrow your iPad, then this case from i-Blason is terrific. It works with the iPad 10.2, 7th and 8th generation.
It has everything you need to protect your iPad while in the hands of a child, but without childish bells and whistles. You can choose between three colors, and it’s made of durable TPU silicone materials. The material is layered, providing plenty of protection from falls and throws.
It includes a carry handle, which doubles as a stand, capable of placing your iPad in a viewing or typing position.
- Basic design, without a childish appearance.
- Constructed of several layers of silicone.
- It includes a child-friendly carry handle.
- Screen protector not included.
9. TopEsct Shockproof Silicone iPad Case
Best for Traveling
For parents who often travel with their kids by car, we recommend having a look at this case from TopEsct. It fits the iPad Air and iPad 9.7.
With handles all around and a strap, this offers a lot of benefits while commuting. The strap hangs around the front seat’s headrests so the passenger can watch a movie on a long trip.
The multiple handles also make this case attractive for small children. They can hold on from any angle, preventing accidental drops.
It’s made of soft gel silicone that’s non-slip and anti-dust. You also get a screen protector.
- Perfect for car travel.
- All around handles.
- Sturdy silicone material.
- Screen protector included.
- The case makes it tricky to put the charger in.
10. Gumdrop DropTech iPad Case
Best for School
If you’re looking for an iPad case your child can take to school, we have one here. This case from Gumdrop is subtle, yet offers quality protection. You can use it for the iPad 9.7, 5th and 6th generation.
It’s a lightweight case, weighing in at 0.43 pounds, but offers a lot of protection. It’s made with co-molded thermoplastic polyurethane and polycarbonate for optimal protection.
The case is ruggedly built, with easy access to all ports and buttons.
- Lightweight yet durable case.
- Four feet drop protection.
- Easy access to all buttons and ports.
- The case feels a little loose on the device.
How to Choose an iPad Case for Kids
iPads Are for Playing, Not Throwing
A good case will protect your child’s device from drops and other impacts. The best iPad cases for kids will have a fun element to them, making them attractive and child-friendly. Useful features to look for include a stand, screen protector, and handles.
Try to find durable materials that can absorb impact. Also, don’t forget to check that it’s compatible with the iPad your child has.