When someone close to you is expecting a baby, everyone looks forward to the baby shower. It’s a joy-filled day as friends and family gather to celebrate a new addition.
It’s common to want to bring a card reflecting your relationship and well-wishes, but knowing what to write in a baby shower card can be difficult. That’s why we’ve worked hard to come up with the perfect words for any situation.
Should you make it funny, emotional, or perhaps religious? We’ll help you out.
- Simple baby shower wishes express love and care without taking up too much space on the card.
- Depending on the recipient’s preferences, you can include congratulatory messages, funny wishes, and religious quotes.
- Personalized wishes for girls, boys, or twins can make the card feel more special and tailored to the family.
- Including a quote or message from a favorite book, author, or famous person can provide inspiration and sentimentality.
- Baby Shower Well Wishes
- Baby Shower Congratulation Wishes
- Baby Shower Wishes for Girls
- Baby Shower Wishes for Boys
- Baby Shower Wishes for Twins
- Funny Baby Shower Wishes
- Religious Baby Shower Wishes
- Baby Shower Wishes for Mom
- For the Second Baby
- Baby Shower Book Messages
- Quotes for Baby Shower Cards
- Cute Baby Shower Card Wishes
- Signing The Baby Shower Card
- Deciding What to Write in the Card
Baby Shower Well Wishes
Simple wishes can never go wrong, regardless of the theme or gender of the baby. It’s an excellent way of saying how much you care in a few simple words. You can touch the soon-to-be parents’ hearts without taking up the whole card.
Here are some examples:
- For the baby who is soon to be here, we wish you all the best.
- Wishing you all the best with your new arrival.
- Wishing you a blissful last hurdle of pregnancy. The best is yet to come.
- To the folks about to enter parenthood, we wish you a healthy pregnancy and swift delivery.
- Thanks for including us in this joyous event and letting us share the excitement of your new arrival. We wish you all the best for this upcoming chapter of your lives.
- Wishing you memorable and magical years with your new arrival.
- We wish you both good health and lots of sleep before your awaited bundle arrives.
- Wishing you peaceful days full of hugs and kisses. We can’t wait to meet your little one.
- Congratulations and good wishes for your growing family! Thank you for including us in your journey.
- A grand adventure is just around the corner! We wish you a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
- May you have good health for the last pregnancy stretch, and may you both be safe and healthy on delivery day.
Baby Shower Congratulation Wishes
Parents-to-be always appreciate congratulations. With such wishes, you can put a fun spin on it if you know the expecting couple. A classic congratulations is also fantastic if you’re not close since it isn’t too personal, yet is still appreciated.
- Celebrating with you as you enter this new chapter in life. Here’s to all the wonderful and magical moments. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your baby.
- I hope there are countless happy and wonder-filled months ahead for you both. Congratulations!
- Hooray for getting this far! The best chapter is just around the corner.
- To the luckiest couple, congratulations!
- Ahhh, freaking out over here — can’t believe you did it! Congratulations, and may your sweet bundle arrive safely on time.
- Congratulations to the luckiest baby — and parents.
- Here’s a toast to baby smiles, laughter, and joy. May your little one arrive healthy and safe.
- Congratulations on the miracle you’re carrying. We can’t wait to meet your new treasure.
- Congratulations on your new job as a parent. The salary sucks, but the bonuses are well worth it.
Baby Shower Wishes for Girls
A baby girl is a sweet blessing. Congratulate the parents on their little princess with one of these girly greetings.
- To the precious bundle you’re carrying, may she grow up to be as sassy as her mom.
- To Dad: A girl means one more to spoil with shoes and purses, but also a treasure who will warm your heart.
- Girls are made of sugar, spice, and everything nice — here’s to your new arrival.
- Booties and bonnets, pink ribbons and lace, here’s to stuffed toys all over the place.
- We’re tickled pink! Congratulations on your baby girl.
- Your daughter will be smart, beautiful, and happy — a mini version of her mom.
- Can’t wait to spoil your little princess. She’s already so loved.
- “Sugar and spice and everything nice. She’s more than she seems. Sipping tea and playing ball, she picks herself up after she falls. Make-believe and play pretend, her imagination never ends. Strong and brave and sweet and smart, describing her, that’s just the start. Embrace yourself and watch out, world, for this amazing little girl.” — Unknown author.
Baby Shower Wishes for Boys
Boys come into our lives with a bang. You can go in nearly any direction with your card, whether it’s funny or sentimental.
- To Mom: The prince who will sweep you off your feet has finally arrived.
- Oh, boy! We’ve been waiting for this day — and now we can’t wait to meet him.
- Get ready to watch “Cars” over and over.
- Here’s to all the toy cars, balls, and bats — that Dad can now play with again! Congratulations on your little man.
- A precious boy is on his way; thank you for including us on this joyous day.
- We hope you’ll be as handsome as your dad. Lots of love, little guy.
- To the prince: You have no idea how loved and spoiled you’re about to be. We can’t wait for the big day.
- Here comes a brand new little boy — to fill all our hearts and lives with joy.
Baby Shower Wishes for Twins
Double the trouble. Twins mean extras of everything. You could make two cards or try to fit double the blessings on one — here are some examples.
- Two are always better than one. Wishing you all the best and a safe delivery.
- Twins mean more work and less sleep, but they also mean extra hugs, kisses, and love!
- The only thing in this world that’s more special than a baby on the way — is two babies. Congratulations!
- Two more reasons to smile — these twins are going to be the luckiest babies.
- Congratulations, it’s twins! Life just got twice as beautiful — we can’t wait to meet them.
- “One will laugh, the other will cry. One will be wet, the other will be dry. While one will yell, the other will sleep. But these memories will be your most precious to keep … Twins!” — Unknown.
- Two new babies just for you to make all your dreams come true. Congratulations!
- Twins! Here comes double the fun, double the joy, double the diapers, and double the noise.
Funny Baby Shower Wishes
If you know the expectant parents, then a little humor won’t hurt. Baby showers often contain sentimental speeches and toasts, so a funny card may be well appreciated.
However, avoid this category if you don’t know the parents well. It’s easy to misinterpret a written message.
- This will be the last shower you can have in peace! Enjoy it while it lasts.
- Hello, baby — goodbye, sleep! Good luck.
- Congratulations on your newest development! I had no idea you could be so creative.
- While choosing a name for your new baby, don’t forget the name of the one who wrote this card — me!
- Oh, shoot! You’ve reproduced … Good luck with that.
- Sorry that we’re all drinking without you. Happy baby shower!
- Congratulations on the bun in the oven — don’t overbake it!
- An elephant’s pregnancy lasts almost 22 months. At birth, the baby is about 3 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds. Thank God you’re not an elephant!
- Holy guacamole, you’re going to avo baby!
- Congratulations on growing a little person inside your lady parts.
- Pee, poop, vomit, snot, slobber — totally worth it.
- Hitting the bottle is going to take on a whole new meaning.
- Congratulations on your adorable new poop machine.
Religious Baby Shower Wishes
A sweet and meaningful message will be treasured if you or the expectant parents are religious.
- Congratulations on your little miracle. God has blessed your world with a baby to love.
- “From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another” — John 1:16.
- “You are fearfully and wonderfully made” — Psalm 139:14.
- “Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him” — Psalm 127:3.
- May God shower you with blessings as you cherish, nurture, and enjoy this gift of a little one to love.
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above” — James 1:17.
- “Jesus loves us, our children and their children. Every baby is a continuation of His legacy of love.” — Unknown.
- “A baby is a blessing, a gift from heaven above, a precious little angel, to cherish and to love.” — Unknown.
Baby Shower Wishes for Mom
The mother-to-be is the center of attention during the baby shower. Including a meaningful or funny card along with your gift is surely a winner.
- Welcome to motherhood! I hope you enjoy sitting around with your milk-makers out.
- Dear Mom-to-be, it’s hard to find a comfortable sleeping position when you’re pregnant, but that won’t be a problem once the baby is born — since sleeping won’t be an option anymore. Can’t wait to meet the baby!
- Sleep is overrated. As is coffee, wine, and any free time … ever. Congrats!
- My deepest condolences on not being able to drink for nine months.
- Congrats on being nine months sober.
- Here’s to five hours of sleep, minimal tears, and maximum returns on your college fund.
- Wishing you an adorably chunky baby (post-labor).
- Welcome to the permanent messy bun and yoga pants club, aka, momhood.
- Congratulations on your upcoming arrival; you’re going to be the best mother a baby can have.
- No one can really prepare you for the most important job you’ll ever have, but you will learn everything along the way.
- You can read any book on motherhood, but the greatest teacher is your little bundle.
- From the moment your baby arrives, you’ll feel strength like never before.
- To me, you’re a superhero. To your arriving bundle, you will be their entire world — sending you tons of love, kisses, and many best wishes for the upcoming months of your pregnancy.
- Best wishes for a safe delivery for the strongest and most amazing mom-to-be. Don’t forget we’re all here for you during these exciting times.
- Congratulations on your upcoming momhood! We know you’ll be an amazing and loving mother.
For the Second Baby
A baby shower for a second child is just as important as the first — a meaningful card is still appreciated. For the second child, it’s always a hit to include some humor.
- Your family is growing, and with it, love continues to blossom. May your blessings increase tenfold as we welcome your second child.
- As your first child entered this world, they brought joy and love. We can’t wait to see what the next will bring. Congratulations on your newest addition.
- A mother’s love is like no other. Your first child is proof of your abundant love, and may you continue to delight in your children as your precious family grows.
- Congratulations, the stork now knows your home address. May your newest addition be as many blessings as your first.
- For the big sister/brother: We know you’ll be the best sibling your little sister/brother can have.
- Congratulations on giving your son/daughter the most precious gift ever — a little sister/brother.
- Babies are wonders, babies are fun, congratulations on adding another one.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, congratulations on baby number two!
Baby Shower Book Messages
If you’ve decided on a book instead of a card, it’s perhaps more dedicated to the baby. It’s generally something they can read later on in life. Like the other categories, it can be fun or sentimental — you can even give some life advice.
- Dearest little one. I am your aunt/uncle/grandparent and am so very excited to meet you. May your life be filled with beautiful stories and cherished family memories. Reading will take you on great adventures. All my love, yours truly.
- May your life be full of love and laughter and your shelves be full of books.
- Wishing you many nights of bedtime stories and sweet dreams.
- I am so excited to meet you and share my favorite book with you. I hope you love it as much as I did when I was little.
- May your life be filled with beautiful stories.
- A book is a gift you can open again and again. You are a gift your family will love more and more.
- Given with love and the hope that these simple words will open the world of literature to you.
- I’ll love you forever. You’ll eternally be my beautiful niece/nephew/grandchild.
Quotes for Baby Shower Cards
When you can’t think of anything, a quote from your favorite book, author, or a famous person can help. We have some inspiration for you.
- “The best kind of parent you can be is to lead by example.” — Drew Barrymore.
- “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do, but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.” — Nicholas Sparks.
- “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” — A.A. Milne.
- “Children aren’t happy without something to ignore, and that’s what parents were created for.” — Ogden Nash.
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” — Benjamin Spock.
- “When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love.” — Lana Del Rey.
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” — C.S. Lewis.
- “Children are not a distraction from more important work; they are the most important work.” — C.S. Lewis.
- “Parenthood is a lot easier to get into than out of.” — Bruce Lansky.
- “Babies have big heads and big eyes and tiny little bodies with tiny little arms and legs. So did the aliens at Roswell! I rest my case.” — William Shatner.
- “May the spirit of adventure never be subdued. Wishing you many nights of bedtime stories and sweet dreams.” — Unknown.
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.” — J.K. Rowling.
Cute Baby Shower Card Wishes
Babies are adorable, so having a card that says something cute can be a big hit. Here are some ideas.
- Twinkle, twinkle, little star. Can’t wait to see how cute you are.
- Congratulations on the successful combination of your DNA.
- You’re probably all nervous about this whole new baby thing, but all you really need to know is…you’re going to be great!
- I can’t wait to meet your baby — to hold, hug, kiss, and love them. You’re going to let me babysit, right?
- Here’s to smiles, laughter, patience, and joy — we hope you get a healthy baby girl or boy.
- From there to here, and here to there, baby things are everywhere.
- “May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with fairies, and talk to the moon. May you grow up with love and gracious hearts and people who care. Welcome to the world, little one. It’s been waiting for you.” — Unknown.
- “So precious, so small, so sweet. Two tiny hands, two tiny feet. Cute smiles and endless giggles, sweet nothings and adorable wiggles. All this and a lot more is what will make your life soar. Congratulations.” — Unknown.
Signing The Baby Shower Card
Putting your thoughtful wishes or an inspirational pregnancy quote onto a card is a fantastic way to share the excitement. Although, even with your heart full of joy, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and end up with writer’s block. You’re not alone.
Deciding how to sign the baby shower card isn’t as easy as it used to be. In the old days, when baby showers were strictly a female event, addressing such cards was simpler.
Today, you must consider your relationship with the expectant parents, their family, and the formality of the shower. Showing up with a card joking about poop and diapers may not sit well in a formal setting.
For formal baby showers, it’s best to always address the guest of honor by their full name on the card. If a couple hosts it, remember to include both of their names. Try to steer away from rude jokes. Instead, focus on something cute, religious, a good wish, or an appropriate quote.
In informal settings, and when you’re close to the expectant mother, getting more personal is OK. You can always start your card with a nickname or a simple “dear” — no need for full names. Making her happy may even benefit the growing baby (1).
For informal showers, you can take any route with your card. Try something funny to lighten the mood or perhaps a sentimental sentence.
You can always mention your gift or use it as inspiration for your card. Also, remember that the message will likely be read aloud at the shower, so don’t write something you don’t want others to hear.
Deciding What to Write in the Card
Deciding what to write for the body of the card is the trickiest part. What your message should convey depends a good deal on the type of shower and the hosting party.
If it’s a co-worker or acquaintance, simple well-wishes and congratulations are most appropriate. For close friends or family, quotes on parenthood, a heartfelt message, or something inspirational is best. Remember, this is already an emotional time of changes and new beginnings, so personal sentiments are much appreciated by parents-to-be.
Keep In Mind