Dr. Irena Ilic received her medical degree from the University of Kragujevac, Serbia. She has clinical experience at the primary, secondary and tertiary level of care and she is doing her Ph.D. in the area of women’s health.
Working as a University affiliated researcher, she published over 20 papers in renowned international journals. During her epidemiology specialization training, she took a special interest in female health issues. Passionate about evidence-based medicine, she aims to make sure readers at Mom Loves Best get the most accurate information.
During her undergraduate and postgraduate studies she received multiple academic awards, and graduated first and as the top of her class, which was recognized and awarded by the Serbian medical society. She received numerous stipends from her Faculty, city, state, and Ministry of Education. Even though she is happy to live her dream and help people by doing research in preventive medicine, she recently received a special invitation from the Minister of Health to continue her work at the Clinical Center or the state’s Institute of public health which was a special honor and recognition of her work so far.
In her free time Irena enjoys traveling, baking, coffee, detective shows and jazz.
Irena’s Education & Training:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Kragujevac, Serbia
- Epidemiology specialist trainee, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Kragujevac, Serbia
- Doctor of Philosophy in medicine (PhD candidate), Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Kragujevac, Serbia
Irena's Work History & Experience:
- Researcher at Faculty of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Intern at Primary Healthcare Center, Kragujevac, Serbia
- Intern at Clinical Center of Kragujevac, Serbia
- Moderator for a Johns Hopkins University course at Coursera