The Best Cyber Monday Deals for Mom and Baby
Cyber Monday Buyer's Guide
Want to save big on your holiday shopping, but don’t want to mess with the crazy crowds? Cyber Monday may just be the perfect way for you to shop and save this year.
What is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is an exclusive online bargain shopping day which takes place the Monday following Thanksgiving each year. The day made its debut back in 2005 when it was crowned by the National Federation's shop.org and has quickly become one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
Cyber Monday allows you to shop thousands of retailers from the convenience of your couch. And with smartphones, you can bargain-hunt from pretty much anywhere.
Are Cyber Monday Deals Actually Worth it?
Bargain hunting online sounds all cozy and great, but are the Cyber Monday deals really worth it?
If you do the research, you will know what’s worth buying on Cyber Monday and what you should buy earlier or even wait for. In many cases, Cyber Monday often provides better savings than Black Friday. In fact, since 2013, Cyber Monday has yielded more Editor’s Choice deals than the Friday before (source).
With Cyber Monday, there are more retailer-wide discounts rather than specific products that tend to pop up on Black Friday. Products that didn’t sell as well as expected on Black Friday could also be at an even bigger discount on Cyber Monday.
What Websites Have the Best Deals for Mom and Baby?
If you’re a new or expecting mom, here are some websites you won’t want to overlook this Cyber Monday:
- Amazon.com: Last year diapers.com had BabyBjorn products and Rock ‘n Play Sleepers for 30% off. They are expected to have some great deals again this year.
- BuyBuyBaby.com: Buy Buy Baby carries all major and popular baby gear brands and is known to have some awesome Cyber Monday deals. You can even find some pretty good pre-Thanksgiving sales right now on their clearance page. Plus, Buy Buy Baby has a price match guarantee, so you can rest easy knowing you got the best deal possible.
- Amazon.com: Amazon is known for offering a wide range of deals on baby gear each Cyber Monday. In 2016, Amazon had select strollers and car seats up to 40% off. They also had Jumperoos and gyms from Fisher-Price marked down by 30%. Other products to keep an eye out for on Amazon for include sound machines, playards, and breastfeeding accessories.
Some Cyber Monday deals are also extended from Black Friday:
- Target.com: Target continues its sales on electronics, toys, and much more on Cyber Monday. Plus, they normally offer free shipping this day.
- Albeebaby.com: Albee Baby continues its amazing sales on select high-end car seats, strollers, bassinets, and other nursery items.
- Lillebaby.com: Last year Lillebaby had nearly everything on their site at 25% off all weekend long.
What are the Best Products to Purchase on Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is a treasure trove of online discounts, but what are the products with the absolute best deals on this day?
- Clothing and shoes: Kids grow fast, so i’m sure they’ll be needing new clothes and shoes this year. Cyber Monday may be the perfect time to buy clothes for your family, as there are more Editor's Choice deals on clothes and shoes on Cyber Monday compared to Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
- Beauty products: Cyber Monday is the day for deals when it comes to beauty products. Last year, The Body Shop had its best sitewide discounts ever. There were also some amazing sales from Sephora, Bath and Body Works, and several other beauty companies.
- Travel: Thinking about taking a family vacation or possibly even a babymoon? Cyber Monday may be the perfect time to book it, as it has more Editor’s Choice deals than Thanksgiving and Black Friday combined. You can get quality deals on hotel bookings, flights and reservations made through Travelocity.com. If you’re planning on a cruise however, it may be better to wait until “wave season,” (January-March) when most cruise lines announce their lowest prices of the year.
- Baby gear: There’s almost always fantastic sales on strollers, highchairs, swings, Pack ‘n Plays, and other baby gear. If you’re expecting, you’ll want to get your baby essentials at these crazy low prices (source).
What Should You Avoid Buying on Cyber Monday?
While there are great discounts across the web on Cyber Monday, there are also some areas where the deals fall short. Here are 6 items you should NOT buy this Cyber Monday.
- iPhones: iPhones tend to have better deals on Thanksgiving day and Black Friday rather than Cyber Monday. You can find some good deals on Androids though.
- Cameras: Thinking about getting a new camera to cherish all those family memories? Cyber Monday is not the day to do it. The best deals for cameras typically happen after the holiday weekend is over or during the week leading up to Black Friday.
- Video games and movies: There may be some deals on video games and movies on Cyber Monday, but if you see a bargain earlier, go ahead and jump on it.
- Kitchenware and appliances: There are nearly twice as many kitchen item deals on Thanksgiving and Black Friday than there is on Cyber Monday.
- Tools: Don’t bother buying the hubby tools on Cyber Monday. The best deals of the year typically happen on Black Friday.
- Toys: Sites like Amazon and Target do have awesome deals on toys on Cyber Monday, but don’t be fooled, as these are NOT the lowest prices of the year. Toys are cheapest during the first few weeks of December (source).
11 Tips to Make the Most out of Cyber Monday
- Make a list: Before you start shopping this holiday season, make a list of everyone that you need to buy a gift for and name potential items in mind. Cross the names off as you get your holiday shopping done. This will help prevent purchasing multiple gifts that you may have forgot about. Without a list, scrolling through Cyber Monday deals can be quite overwhelming.
- Stick to a budget: When a sale is listed as “limited time” it can make it easy to jump on, but remember, it’s not a deal if you have to charge it and then pay interest on your credit card later.
- Do your homework: Research products you’re interested in purchasing to see the range of prices they are being offered for. This will help you figure out if a Cyber Monday deal is truly a deal or not.
- Research timing of sales: Before you head out to electronically shop, be sure to note what time the sales you’re after take place.
- Bookmark: Bookmark the pages of the deals you're interested in, so you can open them instantly and not miss out on a “fast” deal.
- Sign up for email alerts: Many companies let you sign up for email alerts, so you can notified when the Cyber Monday deals are posted.
- Price compare: Use sites like Price Grabber, Price Jump, and Google Shopping to make sure you’re getting the best deal around.
- Check retailers’ social media pages: Be sure to check retailers’ Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages to see if they are offering any additional sales or codes to followers. You can also search #CyberMonday with the type of item you’re wanting to buy.
- Look for free shipping: Oftentimes, great deals can turn into not really deals at all after the shipping charge is slapped on. With as competitive as Cyber Monday is, you should always be looking for retailers that offer free shipping or provide codes to avoid that cost.
- Search for coupon codes: Before checking out, or even shopping, always look for any coupon codes that retailer may have. A quick google search with the retailers name + coupon code could save you even more bucks.
- Always check return policies: It never hurts to know a merchant’s return policy, especially if you are buying online. Will you have to pay to ship those clothes back that didn’t fit? You don’t want this to be a pain for the gift recipient (source).
Mistakes to Avoid this Cyber Monday
- Not checking shipping dates: The last thing you want is for a gift to arrive after the holidays are over, so be sure to check the expected shipping date on each gift item you order.
- Lack of price comparison shopping: “Flash sales” can make it easy to quickly click “Add to Cart” without comparing prices first. Not looking at how much other sites are charging could cost you up to 20% or more this holiday season.
- Buying with FOMO (fear of missing out): Don’t buy something simply because you’re afraid you’ll miss out on the deal. If you’re unsure about the item, don’t feel pressured into a deal. There will be plenty of other deals on items you actually need/want.
You should also take precautionary steps to protect your personal information this Cyber Monday, as it can be a good place to get scammed.
- Watch out for fake retailer and product apps: Fraudulent apps are at a rise during the holiday season, but can be avoided by watching for some cautionary signs, that include: No product reviews, App lacks previous versions, If there are reviews, most of them are in butchered English.
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi.
- Be leery of unbelievable deals: Be leery and stay clear of unsolicited emails and social media posts promising deals too good to be true.
- Make sure you have the latest security updates downloaded on your computer.
- Make sure checkout is secure before entering your payment or personal information.
- Stick to one charge card: Keep all your purchases on one card, so it will be easy to keep track of and watch out for any fraudulent behavior.
- Use credit over debit: While both tend to have zero liability, it is a big hassle to get your money back once it has been stolen.
- Use PayPal when available: If a site offers PayPal as a form of payment, it’s a good idea to use it, as it is more secure than a regular credit or debit payment (source).
How to Get the Best Cyber Monday Deals on Amazon
Amazon easily takes center stage on Cyber Monday with all the deals they have to offer. Here’s how you can get the absolute best deals on Amazon this Cyber Monday.
Invest in a Prime Membership
Amazon prime members get daily perks, such as unlimited cloud storage for photos, free streaming of music,videos, and audiobooks, and of course the famous two-day free shipping. But did you know that your prime membership could land you even better deals on Cyber Monday?
Amazon often has Cyber Monday deals that aren’t offered to non-prime members. Plus, Prime members also get to “cut in line” and receive 30 minute early access to lightning deals.
Get in on Lightning Deals
Lightning deals are very short lived deals (often hours or even just minutes) on highly discounted products and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Many times these are low stocked items, so if you don’t jump on it, it’s easy to miss out.
Other Ways to Seal the Deal
Here are a few other ways to stay on top and save on Amazon deals this Cyber Monday:
We hope this guide will help you to find some of the best bargains of the year this Cyber Monday and that you’ll be able to find the perfect gifts for all the moms and babies in your life.
Dislcaimer: This page contains affiliate links